Tracy Feuer

Default Saving money on electric

We do use an electric blanket on our bed so at night we do turn on the big heating unit or rather in comes on itself we keep it set low around 65 degrees. As I said earlier we use an oil filled radiator type heater during the day.

As for cooking I use my toaster oven as much as possible because a stove oven uses a lot of power.

I use my crockpot a lot.

My dishwasher does have a button to turn the heated dry cycle off so I don't heat dry my dishes.

My 1981 mobile home is cold and lacks insulation so we do cover windows with plastic. I hope to be able to insulate this home one day.

Special thanks to the mom who called me a good mom. We special needs moms need all the encouragement we can get.

Tracy in VA

<hr>Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn more.

Pj

Frustrated here. I got my bill for last month electricity, it's up to $319, $150 higherthan the previous month. I can't figure it out. We heat with wood stove, so that isn't it. I have the same amount of kids, the same laundry usage, the same dishwasher. I just can't figure it out. I know we've talked and talked about ideas for saving electricity. It's been something that I keep in mind. I also heard on the news today that electricity is going up 6% - that's instead of the 10% previously projected. What a deal! grrrr

<FONT face="comic sans ms" color="#347d7e" size="4">Pj <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#347d7e" size="3">Insane Mom to J, J, N, L, B, H, N, N, N, B, B, K, K, T, S, R <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#347d7e" size="3">ages 28y - 10mo <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#347d7e" size="3">(but only 8 kids at home
    now)

&#32;

Donna Shad

PJ,

Probably they estimated your bill last month and did a real

reading this month or vice versa.I have had that happen several

times. Check your meter against what the bill says it should be

and make sure that they didn't do something wrong.

Take care

Donna

--- Pj <fulldozen@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Frustrated here. I got my bill for last month electricity,

> it's up to $319, $150 higher than the previous month. I can't

> figure it out. We heat with wood stove, so that isn't it. I

> have the same amount of kids, the same laundry usage, the same

> dishwasher. I just can't figure it out.

> I know we've talked and talked about ideas for saving

> electricity. It's been something that I keep in mind. I also

> heard on the news today that electricity is going up 6% -

> that's instead of the 10% previously projected. What a deal!

>

> grrrr

>

>

> Pj

> Insane Mom to J, J, N, L, B, H, N, N, N, B, B, K, K, T, S, R

> ages 28y - 10mo (but only 8 kids at home now)

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Find them fast with

> Yahoo! Search.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________\

____

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Sarah Long

I know the frustration you feel about your electricity bill going up without the usage changing. Same thing happened to us, went from 50.00 to 90.00 and the usage stayed the same. Believe me, I'm not complaining about a 90.00 electric bill, only about it going up without an increase in usage. 90.00 for our electric must seem cheap but when you look at what we pay otherwise it isn't. We have LP for cooking, furnace, and hot water heater. Furnace is only in the winter and is set at 61 all winter irregardless of the temperature outside. It has cost us 2,000. since late September of 2007 for LP. We are going to try to make it until September before buying more but don't know if that is going to be possible or not.

&#32;
    Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Bev

I use propane and find out I save alot of money by filling up in July or August.

&#32;
    Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Katherine Lassiter

Pj <fulldozen@yahoo.com> wrote: Frustrated here. I got my bill for last month electricity, it's up to $319, $150 higherthan the previous month. ******************** <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size="3"> I have a friend that had the same problem. She called the power company to come out and do an energy audit. It turned out to be that she had a special meter on her house that is mainly for families who work outside the
    home and are gone all day. She was charged very little per kilowatt after either 7 or 9 pm and before 7 am. All other times, she was charged 2 times higher. She stays home and keeps her 2 grandchildren, so she is having the meter removed. Has no idea how long it has been there. <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size="3"> <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Kathy

&#32;
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]

Carole

what area are you in and was any thing different in usage--first check the amount used compared to last month and see if they had a rate hike---if nothing is different have them come out and reread the meter--let them know that nothing changed but the amount and you know something is wrong on their end

Katherine Lassiter <khlassiter57@yahoo.com> wrote:

Pj <fulldozen@yahoo.com> wrote: Frustrated here. I got my
    bill for last month electricity, it's up to $319, $150 higherthan the previous month. ******************** <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size="3"> I have a friend that had the same problem. She called the power company to come out and do an energy audit. It turned out to be that she had a special meter on her house that is mainly for families who work outside the home and are gone all day. She was charged very little per kilowatt after either 7 or 9 pm and before 7 am. All other times, she was charged 2 times higher. She stays home and keeps her 2 grandchildren, so she is having the meter removed. Has no idea how long it has been there. <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size="3"> <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Kathy<!--
    Sponsor -->