Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adhd melinda

Erica Hager

Default adhd melinda

melinda that also sounds like autism with the fits and repetetive behavior and throwing shoes out car window -- could the shoe throwing be that there was something uncomfortable and she couldnt express it?

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]

melinda irvin

Default adhd melinda

I have never really thought about autism before and I really don't know what it is. She is not unconfortable when she has a fit it usually occurs because we do not do what she wants when she wants it done. When she threw her container of chocolate milk she wanted her dad to turn and look at her right now and he was driving and could not turn.I was speaking to my husband and she wanted us to stop talking and when we did not she threw the milk container. The time she almost killed her kitty she was angry because I would not go to the store and buy her a toy. The kitty survived and today they are inseperable. She has really good days and really bad days and nothing in the middle. Either all good or all bad. The ritalin helps her some but when the patch is close to being changed she gets worse and right after I put a new one on she is bad. It is about a two hour span and then she evens out in her moods again. Her therapist says she hates to be touched and is
    doing touch therapy wiith her now. Do autistic children behave this way? What causes autism?

Erica Hager <ericahager2005@yahoo.com> wrote: melinda that also sounds like autism with the fits and repetetive behavior and throwing shoes out car window -- could the shoe throwing be that there was something uncomfortable and she couldnt express it?

&#32;
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]

mem68

Default adhd melinda

Ask you doctor about overlapping the patches. Putting on a new one 30 min before you take off the old one. This is done w/ the nitroglycerin patches for the heart.
    [quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2008 12:10 PM
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : adhd melinda

many autistic children behave this way. Asperger's kiddos are very smart but have VERY poor social skills. Sometimes they also have sensitivity. My son for a long time, would only take a bath in cold water, and

April K

Default adhd melinda

many autistic children behave this way. Asperger's kiddos are very smart but have VERY poor social skills. Sometimes they also have sensitivity. My son for a long time, would only take a bath in cold water, and sometimes it's situational. For example, this shirt is ok to wear today but tomorrow it's "itchy". Many times the anger or fits are do to a lack of coping skills. Maybe it was too loud, or she didn't like the words you were using. Sometimes they can't talk about it so it becomes a fit. Sometimes they don't even know. My son would be petting our dog then punching him for no reason. There are many good sites for ASD (autism spectrum disorders). If I can help at all please do no hesitate to contact me. I am a professional as well as a parent of as apsy. April

melinda irvin <moon_goddess129@yahoo.com> wrote: I have never really thought about autism before and I really don't know what it is. She is not unconfortable when she has a fit it usually occurs because we do not do what she wants when she wants it done. When she threw her container of chocolate milk she wanted her dad to turn and look at her right now and he was driving and could not turn.I was speaking to my husband and she wanted us to stop talking and when we did not she threw the milk container. The time she almost killed her kitty she was angry because I would not go to the store and buy her a toy.
    The kitty survived and today they are inseperable. She has really good days and really bad days and nothing in the middle. Either all good or all bad. The ritalin helps her some but when the patch is close to being changed she gets worse and right after I put a new one on she is bad. It is about a two hour span and then she evens out in her moods again. Her therapist says she hates to be touched and is doing touch therapy wiith her now. Do autistic children behave this way? What causes autism?

Erica Hager <ericahager2005@yahoo.com> wrote: melinda that also sounds like autism with the fits and repetetive behavior and throwing shoes out car window -- could the shoe throwing be that there was something uncomfortable and she couldnt express
    it?

&#32;
    Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

melinda irvin

Default adhd melinda

Thanks, I apperciate it and will write to you later. When you said your son only likes cold water that sounds just like my daughter! She also seems to have no memory of her fits or what she does during that time.

April K <aprilkraus@yahoo.com> wrote: many autistic children behave this way. Asperger's kiddos are very smart but have VERY poor social skills. Sometimes they also have sensitivity. My son for a long time, would only take a bath in cold water, and sometimes it's situational. For example, this shirt is ok to wear today but
    tomorrow it's "itchy". Many times the anger or fits are do to a lack of coping skills. Maybe it was too loud, or she didn't like the words you were using. Sometimes they can't talk about it so it becomes a fit. Sometimes they don't even know. My son would be petting our dog then punching him for no reason. There are many good sites for ASD (autism spectrum disorders). If I can help at all please do no hesitate to contact me. I am a professional as well as a parent of as apsy. April

melinda irvin <moon_goddess129@yahoo.com> wrote: I have never really thought about autism before and I really don't know what it is. She is not unconfortable when she has a fit it usually occurs because we do not do what she wants when she wants it done. When
    she threw her container of chocolate milk she wanted her dad to turn and look at her right now and he was driving and could not turn.I was speaking to my husband and she wanted us to stop talking and when we did not she threw the milk container. The time she almost killed her kitty she was angry because I would not go to the store and buy her a toy. The kitty survived and today they are inseperable. She has really good days and really bad days and nothing in the middle. Either all good or all bad. The ritalin helps her some but when the patch is close to being changed she gets worse and right after I put a new one on she is bad. It is about a two hour span and then she evens out in her moods again. Her therapist says she hates to be touched and is doing touch therapy wiith her now. Do autistic children behave this way? What causes autism?

Erica Hager <ericahager2005@yahoo.com> wrote: melinda that also sounds like autism with the fits and repetetive behavior and throwing shoes out car window -- could the shoe throwing be that there was something uncomfortable and she couldnt express it?

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

&#32;

Candy Holbert

Default adhd melinda

The throwing stuff is a bi polar thing tho it could be ADHD. Matt

never threw anything or been agressive in anyway and he's the on that

has Asperger's. But at the same time the not liking to be touched is a

classic Autism sign. Does she do any hand flapping or toe walking (

it's when they are walking up on their toes all the time)? Now as far

as the Autism goes I haven't really been around any other kids, but as

I understand it most kids that are Autistic have at least two of the

three things. But this was also close to 10 years ago too.

On 3/15/08, melinda irvin <moon_goddess129@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have never really thought about autism before and I really don't know what

> it is. She is not unconfortable when she has a fit it usually occurs because

> we do not do what she wants when she wants it done. When she threw her

> container of chocolate milk she wanted her dad to turn and look at her right

> now and he was driving and could not turn. I was speaking to my husband and

> she wanted us to stop talking and when we did not she threw the milk

> container. The time she almost killed her kitty she was angry because I

> would not go to the store and buy her a toy. The kitty survived and today

> they are inseperable. She has really good days and really bad days and

> nothing in the middle. Either all good or all bad. The ritalin helps her

> some but when the patch is close to being changed she gets worse and right

> after I put a new one on she is bad. It is about a two hour span and then

> she evens out in her moods again. Her therapist says she hates to be touched

> and is doing touch

> therapy wiith her now. Do autistic children behave this way? What causes

> autism?

>

> Erica Hager <ericahager2005@yahoo.com> wrote:

> melinda that also sounds like autism with the fits and

> repetetive behavior and throwing shoes out car window -- could the shoe

> throwing be that there was something uncomfortable and she couldnt express

> it?

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it

> now.

>

>

>

>

> now.

armstrca

Default adhd melinda

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">Not so much autism, but it is a sensory issue.<SPAN> Many ADHD kids have other issues as well as the ADHD.
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">Autism has more to do with not feeling emotions as much many autistic kids don't connect with people well.<SPAN> Also, a common ADHD behavior they take everything literally.<SPAN> You ask them if the cat has their tongue (meaning why are they so quiet which I know rarely happens), they will think a cat literally has their tongue.<SPAN> Also, they don't get hints well, like a waiter hovering to speed your eating up so they can have the table for another patron it just goes right over their head.
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">Also ADHD is hereditary.<SPAN> My son got it from me.<SPAN> The waiter hovering that was me not getting it and my mom letting me know the innuendo.<SPAN> <grin>
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of melinda irvin
    Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2008 11:15 AM
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : adhd melinda
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman';">I have never really thought about autism before and I really don't know what it is. She is not unconfortable when she has a fit it usually occurs because we do not do what she wants when she wants it done.

melinda irvin

Default adhd melinda

Yes, she does walk on her toes all the time and has since birth. I spoke with her therapist today and found out there are many different types of autism and that she thinks my daughter has one. We are now doing a brushing therapy with her where I brush her body three or four times a day. It is supposed to giver her an outlet for the hyperactivity and help her to learn to deal with touch. The therapist said that if we can do it at home four times a day in two weeks or less we should see dramatic improvements. I was able to brush her three times today, the first time was a battle,the second time was a battle but not as bad and the third time she cooperated. I am very excited that maybe this will help although I was cautioned it will not cure her, only help her to deal with these urges that bring on the fits. Have you ever heard of this type of therapy before?

Candy Holbert <candy.program@gmail.com> wrote: The throwing stuff is a bi polar thing tho it could be ADHD. Matt
    never threw anything or been agressive in anyway and he's the on that
    has Asperger's. But at the same time the not liking to be touched is a
    classic Autism sign. Does she do any hand flapping or toe walking (
    it's when they are walking up on their toes all the time)? Now as far
    as the Autism goes I haven't really been around any other kids, but as
    I understand it most kids that are Autistic have at least two of the
    three things. But this was also close to 10 years ago too.

On 3/15/08, melinda irvin
    <moon_goddess129@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > I have never really thought about autism before and I really don't know what
    > it is. She is not unconfortable when she has a fit it usually occurs because
    > we do not do what she wants when she wants it done. When she threw her
    > container of chocolate milk she wanted her dad to turn and look at her right
    > now and he was driving and could not turn. I was speaking to my husband and
    > she wanted us to stop talking and when we did not she threw the milk
    > container. The time she almost killed her kitty she was angry because I
    > would not go to the store and buy her a toy. The kitty survived and today
    > they are inseperable. She has really good days and really bad days and
    > nothing in the middle. Either all good or all bad. The ritalin helps her
    > some but when the patch is close to being changed she gets worse
    and right
    > after I put a new one on she is bad. It is about a two hour span and then
    > she evens out in her moods again. Her therapist says she hates to be touched
    > and is doing touch
    > therapy wiith her now. Do autistic children behave this way? What causes
    > autism?
    >
    > Erica Hager <ericahager2005@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > melinda that also sounds like autism with the fits and
    > repetetive behavior and throwing shoes out car window -- could the shoe
    > throwing be that there was something uncomfortable and she couldnt express
    > it?
    >
    >
    >
    > now.
    >
    >
    >
    >