Breakfast Bake with Sausage Patties

Breakfast Bake with Sausage Patties 4 slices bread, crusts removed 6 to 8 sausage patties, cooked 1/4 cup sliced green onion 1/2 cup diced tomato 1 cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese salt and pepper 6 large eggs 1 cup milk or half-and-half 1/4 tsp salt

salt, bake, sausage, patties, cheese, sprinkle, pepper, bread, eggs, onion, casserole, milk, lightly, overnight, green, breakfast, tomato, immediately, chicky, refrigerate, slowly, remaining, seasonings, pour, layer, 350, middle, whisk, minutes, baking, refrigerator, hour, serves, refrige small, monterey, cheddar, jack, large, cajun, half-and-half, diced, sliced, crusts, slices, removed, cooked, creole, seasoning, buttered

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Book Breakfast Bake with Sausage Patties

Breakfast Bake with Sausage Patties
    4 slices bread, crusts removed
    6 to 8 sausage patties, cooked
    1/4 cup sliced green onion
    1/2 cup diced tomato
    1 cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
    salt and pepper
    6 large eggs
    1 cup milk or half-and-half
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp Cajun or Creole seasoning or seasoned salt

1/8 tsp pepper
    1/4 tsp paprika, optional
    Tear bread into small pieces and sprinkle in bottom of a lightly buttered 2-quart casserole. Arrange sausage patties over the bread. Sprinkle with green onion, tomato, then the cheese. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and remaining seasonings. Pour slowly over cheese layer. Refrigerate overnight or bake immediately. If refrigerating overnight, take casserole out of refrigerator about 1/2 hour before baking. Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes, until set in middle.
    Serves 4 to 6.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Breakfast Bake with Sausage Patties

Oh yeah...this is what I'm talking about!
    ANOTHER great sounding recipe that I've just GOT to try.
    I've already penciled this one in on the Christmas Holiday breakfast menu when family members are gonna be here. Can't wait!
    Thanks so much for sharing your great recipes!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please let us know how it turns out;-D I love coming up with recipes that work for holidays! I actually tested this for Memorial Day -- my DD had a full day planned for us -- and it was terrific. No one wants to get bogged down in the kitchen for ANY holiday...giggle... Short cuts to get us out enjoying time with everyone else are the best! LOL!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will do!!

I absolutely LOVE recipes that are great tasting without a whole lot of work.