Thread: Freezing

shellbeau813

Default Freezing

Hi everyone!

Well, you are always so helpful and resourceful! After reading all the

posts, I bought an extra freezer a while back. I have read that some

of you freeze cheese and milk. It is better (or required) that the

cheese is shredded? Does it work better for some cheeses than others

(like soft vs. hard cheese?). How does it affect texture?

And as far as milk is concerned- does it change the flavor or texture

once it is thawed?

I am so curious. I would love to stock up and have extra on hand, but

there is not enough room in the fridge!

Thanks, Michelle in MA

armstrca

Default Freezing

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">I have frozen about all types of cheeses.<SPAN> They all freeze well.<SPAN> The texture may be a bit different.<SPAN> But that is it.<SPAN> You asked about shredding, if you will use a cheeses shredded – do it before you will freeze – it is very crumbly after it is frozen and hard to shred.
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">Milk… no – it turns yellow when it is frozen, but changes back to white when it thaws.<SPAN> Some people say remove some milk when you freeze, I haven't.<SPAN> If it has the indentations or dimples in the sides, they will pop out when you freeze the milk and you don't have to dump any out.<SPAN> Also, it does take a couple of days to that in the fridge – so be aware it does take a while.
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of shellbeau813
    Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:22 AM
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Budget101.com : Freezing

I bought an extra freezer a while back. I have read that some teal;"> of you freeze cheese and milk. It is better that the
    cheese is shredded? teal;">
    And as far as milk is concerned- does it change the flavor or texture teal;"> once it is thawed?

lisa griffeth

Default Freezing

My son is getting married this Fall to a wonderful girl...she isbringing 2 children into the marriage (our first grandchildren). The little girl 5is quite "busy" and unfocused but not diagnosed ADHD. The 10 year old little boy has been diagnosed ADHD and is on medication. I do not know the name of the meds but could find out. Both children are thin(genetics) and very picky eaters (choice)- the medicationthat the boy is on has caused him to lose his desire to eat and he's getting too thin- he looks like healmost has an eating disorder (which I guess he does in a way). My question is to those of you with ADHD friends/children in your homes- does anyone have information on "trigger" foods that seem to set off your children? I know sugar and food coloring are typically linked toADHD, but are there other things we should watch out for? His mother and I are hoping to try to
    managehis ADHD (and his sister's ) by changing his diet and getting him off the medication so he has an appetite again. Any opinions, suggestions or even guesses are much appreciated! Thanks! Lisa G.

&#32;

Tressa Watts

Default Freezing

I am a Registered Polysomnography Technologist...(sleep Tech) and we see alot of Children who have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD that have some sort of sleep disorder. You said that the child is thin so that alot of times rules out sleep apnea...but not necessarily. Does he snore? still have his tonsils?

Also she can check out his sleep hygiene. Does he get enough sleep. Sleep at regular times etc.

kids are the opposite of adults. When we are tired we act lethargic...dont want to do anything etc...Children on the other hand tend to seem restless, cannot sit still, and are basically bouncing off the walls. This is a way to keep themselves stimulated so they do not appear tired.

Just an idea to look into.

I myself have "self" diagsnosed with ADD and simply cannot stay on track and it drives me crazy. My best friend is a Pharmacist and she is diagnsoed ADD but cannot tolerate any of the meds....so I guess I would say we are functioning ADDers...lol

Tressa

Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:07:13 -0700
    Subject: Budget101.com : ADHD question- diet related treatments?

My son is getting married this Fall to a wonderful girl...she isbringing 2 children into the marriage (our first grandchildren).

The little girl 5is quite "busy" and unfocused but not diagnosed ADHD. The 10 year old little boy has been diagnosed ADHD and is on medication. I do not know the name of the meds but could find out. Both children are thin(genetics) and very picky eaters (choice)- the medicationthat the boy is on has caused him to lose his desire to eat and he's getting too thin- he looks like healmost has an eating disorder (which I guess he does in a way).

My question is to those of you with ADHD friends/children in your homes- does anyone have information on "trigger" foods that seem to set off your children? I know sugar and food coloring are typically linked toADHD, but are there other things we should watch out for? His mother and I are hoping to try to managehis ADHD (and his sister's ) by changing his diet and getting him off the medication so he has an appetite again.

Any opinions, suggestions or even guesses are much appreciated!

Thanks!

Lisa G.

<hr>Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn more.

Amy W

Default Freezing

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;">My son has ADHD and we feed him only natural foods (if you can pick it off a plant) and unprocessed meats, unprocessed flour...pretty much that means no prepackaged ANYTHING!

Also, getting DAILY exercise for a MINIMUM of 1 hour...and especially if it's outdoors, it's worked wonders for Dylan.

There are also books out there that show you how to deal with ADHD behaviors, as the standard punishments and disciplines rarely work on them.

Google the Feingold diet if you really want to get serious. I've heard nothing but awesome things about it.
    <font color="#0080ff"><p dir="ltr"><SPAN style="height:2px;border-bottom:1px solid rgb(212,208,200);border-top:1px solid
    rgb(128,128,128);background-color:black;">

<p dir="ltr"><font color="#0080ff"><font color="#c52579"><p dir="ltr"><font color="#000000" size="4">~Amy
    <p dir="ltr"><font size="2"><font color="#ff007f"><p dir="ltr"><p dir="ltr"><font color="#c00000"><font color="#ff007f" size="2">

<font color="#00007f" size="2">

<font face="Arial"><font size="1"><font color="#a33224"><font face="Verdana"><font size="2"><font face="Arial"><font size="1"><font color="#330000" face="VERDANA, ARIAL, SANS-SERIF" size="1"><div style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size: 10pt;">

----- Original Message ----
    Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:07:13 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : ADHD question- diet related treatments?

My son is getting married this Fall to a wonderful girl...she isbringing 2 children into the marriage (our first grandchildren) . The little girl 5is quite "busy" and unfocused but not diagnosed ADHD. The 10 year old little boy has been diagnosed ADHD and is on medication. I do not know the name of the meds but could find out. Both children are thin(genetics) and very picky eaters (choice)- the medicationthat the boy is on has caused him to lose his desire to eat and he's getting too thin- he looks like healmost has an eating disorder (which I guess he does in a way). My question is to those of you with ADHD friends/children in your homes- does anyone have information on "trigger" foods that seem to set off your children? I know sugar and food coloring are typically linked toADHD, but are there other things we should watch out for?
    His mother and I are hoping to try to
    managehis ADHD (and his sister's ) by changing his diet and getting him off the medication so he has an appetite again. Any opinions, suggestions or even guesses are much appreciated! Thanks! Lisa G.

melinda irvin

Default Freezing

My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD and oppositional defiant disorder. She was on Trileptal, Adderall and Clonidine. I changed doctors and now she is on Ritalin and clonidine only. I would also like to know about alternative treatments because I would like to take her off medicines. My daughter was getting increasingly worse in terms of aggression and hyperactivity but now is also extremely picky and I will fix her six meals a night if she eats only a little from each one because she is such a poor eater. How old are your kids? My daughter is 4 years old.

lisa griffeth <apiamama@yahoo.com> wrote: My son is getting married this Fall to a wonderful girl...she isbringing 2 children into the marriage (our first grandchildren). The little girl 5is quite "busy" and unfocused but not diagnosed ADHD. The 10 year old little boy has been diagnosed ADHD and is on medication. I do not know the name of the meds but could find out. Both children are thin(genetics) and very picky eaters (choice)- the medicationthat the boy is on has caused him to lose his desire to eat and he's getting too thin- he looks like healmost has an eating disorder (which I guess he does in a way). My question is to those of you with ADHD friends/children in your homes- does anyone have information on "trigger" foods that seem to set off your children? I know sugar and food coloring are typically linked toADHD, but are there other
    things we should watch out for? His mother and I are hoping to try to managehis ADHD (and his sister's ) by changing his diet and getting him off the medication so he has an appetite again. Any opinions, suggestions or even guesses are much appreciated! Thanks! Lisa G.

&#32;
    Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Grim

Default Freezing

From my experience, cream cheese does NOT freeze well. All other cheese does freeze good. Shredding cheese before is a great idea. Not only because of the crumbling affect but, also you can divvy out the amount you need and not the whole thing. If you do not want to shredit, you can cube it. Milk does fine. It looks gross when it is frozen but, goes back to normal when thawed.

shellbeau813 <shellbeau813@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi everyone!
    Well, you are
    always so helpful and resourceful! After reading all the
    posts, I bought an extra freezer a while back. I have read that some
    of you freeze cheese and milk. It is better (or required) that the
    cheese is shredded? Does it work better for some cheeses than others
    (like soft vs. hard cheese?). How does it affect texture?

And as far as milk is concerned- does it change the flavor or texture
    once it is thawed?

I am so curious. I would love to stock up and have extra on hand, but
    there is not enough room in the fridge!

Thanks, Michelle in MA

&#32;
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]

Grim

Default Freezing

Check out the following site... http://health.msn.com/centers/adhd/a...63620&GT1=9991

lisa griffeth <apiamama@yahoo.com> wrote: My son is getting married this Fall to a wonderful girl...she isbringing 2 children into the marriage (our first grandchildren). The little girl 5is
    quite "busy" and unfocused but not diagnosed ADHD. The 10 year old little boy has been diagnosed ADHD and is on medication. I do not know the name of the meds but could find out. Both children are thin(genetics) and very picky eaters (choice)- the medicationthat the boy is on has caused him to lose his desire to eat and he's getting too thin- he looks like healmost has an eating disorder (which I guess he does in a way). My question is to those of you with ADHD friends/children in your homes- does anyone have information on "trigger" foods that seem to set off your children? I know sugar and food coloring are typically linked toADHD, but are there other things we should watch out for? His mother and I are hoping to try to managehis ADHD (and his sister's ) by changing his diet and getting him off the medication so he has an appetite again. Any opinions, suggestions or even guesses
    are much appreciated! Thanks! Lisa G.

&#32;
    Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast