Thread: Newb from VA

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Newb from VA

Hello! my name is Melanie and I'm so happy to have found this site! I've always been pretty frugal but at the end of the month it seems like I'm never be frugal enough! lol I am married w/ 6 kids (aged 5 weeks to 12) and I'm the only one that works so we need to penny pinch wherever we can! Dh is a stay at home daddy because he's having a hard time finding a job that would be worth it. So far, what I do to save money is shop at Aldi for groceries, coupon for toiletries (the other day I got 3 jumbo packs of diapers for FREE) and make my own things like laundry soap, dish soap, etc. I'm looking forward to seeing where else I can save!!

In my spare time (as if I ever have any lol) I like to crochet and knit and manage my son's travel soccer team ... between all the kids and work that's about all I have time for... lol

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newb from VA

Hello and Welcome, Queen Of Denial! Good to have you here. If you have questions just ask. Thanks; Virginia

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to the site. Lots of busy busy going on in your house. There are a lot of ideas here to help. Just take your time looking around and before you know it you will be stretchin your dollars farther and farther.

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Melanie ~ You sure sound busy ;0) I totally understand the "job worth it". I am also looking but most of our jobs have moved out of the city area, so you add a 2nd car/Ins, clothes to wear to work, makeup, gas plus the time to drive 40-60 miles each way, you really do want to be picky. Glad you joined the site.

Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela