Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Italian Style Rice with Almonds
11-22-2012, 05:25 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
Italian Style Rice with Almonds
2 1/2 cups chicken broth/stock
2 tsp butter
1 tsp dry minced parsley
1 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasonings
1 cup long grain rice-not minute type rice
1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
s and p-to taste
1. In a large heavy bottomed pan, toast rice n butter until golden.
2. Slowly add broth/stock, s and p, and herbs; stir well.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer; cover tightly.
Cook for 20 minutes until rice is done and liquid is absorbed.
4. Remove from heat. Let stand 3-5 minutes.
5. Add almonds and fluff with a fork to mix together.
By FreebieQueen in forum Coupons Galore $Replies: 0Last Post: 04-01-2012, 03:30 AM
By MrsPaws in forum Vegetarian Left Over LayeringReplies: 0Last Post: 01-30-2012, 08:48 PM
By budget in forum RecallsReplies: 0Last Post: 11-02-2011, 11:50 AM
By rtebalt in forum Dump RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-08-2009, 06:11 PM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-03-2008, 01:08 PM