Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What are your Thanksgiving Plans/Menu?

This year it will only be Mike and I. Since it will just be the two of us we plan on opening a few bottles of wine and making the following menu:

* Sausage stuffed mushrooms and Deviled eggs (these are a must for us)
    * Turkey
    * Sausage Stuffing
    * Green Bean Casserole
    * Mashed Potatoes w/Gravy

* Parker House rolls

Pretty traditional meal, just the two of us, so nothing fancy.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What are your Thanksgiving Plans/Menu?

I am going to my sisters and there will be at least 13 of us--maybe more. My part is deviled eggs, cranberry salad, glazed orange slices, and a pecan pie. I was given the pecans and my fingers are sore from picking them out. Also given the eggs. I bought the oranges and cranberries on sale.

What's a Budget?
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What are your Thanksgiving Plans/Menu?

We're having a smaller than ever gathering here - just the 4 of us at home, plus my sister, and possibly a friend of DH's as well. Mom and her L.P are stopping by for a visit - coffee and pie/muffins/cookies? A few friends will breeze through as well for a visit - but my oldest nephew is in Afghanistan until April, and my younger nephew and DD's fiancee won't be home for Thanksgiving. They will be home for Christmas and New Years, so we're focusing on that.
    My Dad sent a smoked turkey - so we're going to have that and all the fixings (stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and broccoli, cauliflower, and I forget for a veg.) for dinner. Plus manicotti, a pork tenderloin, pumpkin and black bean soup (from allrecipes.com). Plus DD is making a recipe she found for chicken meatballs, dipped in a beer batter and fried, rolled in hot sauce, placed in a tortilla chip shell (scoops) with con queso cheese in the bottom, topped with ranch dressing. It's cute to watch her make it - she takes out my big cast iron frying pan, fills it with oil - then fries one meatball at a time...Yeah, she's making the meatball part ahead of time, we'll heat them up and assemble them on Thanksgiving, LOL.
    A ton of food for so few people, I know. But S.S will be taking leftovers to Mom's for the weekend,where she'll make some of our traditional leftover feast feasts - Pot Pie from the turkey, lentil soup with the tenderloin, and we're packing a basket for my Nephew's wife (the one who's deployed now) for her ride home to NC. She's to be at her Father's in NJ for Thanksgiving, and is stopping through again on the way home. {{We love her}}