Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shawn

Default What to do with surplus?

Hi I'm new and my name is Shawn. I'm fairly good with budgeting.

I have gotten out of all car debt. I only have house debt now.

I have have 3 months emergency expensesmoney in an ING account, but wondering what to do with my surplus after this.

I'm 33 years old.

I am doing my 401K at 6% and then am putting in a certain amount of money into a "CAR FUND" so I can pay for my next car with cash.

All other surplus I am thinking of putting into HOUSE payoff, however I don't have a ROTH IRA.

Have any of you put all of yourother surplus into HOUSE payoff? Based on what I'm seeing I could have my house paid off in 7-10 years if I do this.

I also have a desire to put the surplus into a ROTH IRA, but instead thinking it would be much better to be about 40 years old and have no morgage then I can be more open for giving as well as retirement saving.

Tough stuff because crunching the numbers seem to suggest Roth IRA is better, but I have such a strong desire topay off the house to be rid of all debt.

Thanks in advance,
    Shawn

Shussy Sassmannshausen

If I were 33 and as good as you with my
    budget, I would spent at least 1/2 my exces

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Shawn <shawnonline@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif;">
    <div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif;">Hi I&#39;m new and my name is Shawn. I&#39;m fairly good with budgeting.[/quote]
    snipped

<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif;">
    <div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif;"><span id>
    <div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif;">[/quote]

Shussy Sassmannshausen

Sorry...meant to hit delete. But getting to the point, I would spent a good bit of my
    surplus $ on enjoying life.
    Shussy

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Shussy Sassmannshausen <shussy@gmail.com> wrote:

If I were 33 and as good as you with my
    budget, I would spent at least 1/2 my exces

<div class="Ih2E3d">On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Shawn <shawnonline@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif;">Hi I&#39;m new and my name is Shawn. I&#39;m fairly good with budgeting.[/quote]
    snipped

<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif;">[/quote][/quote]

Wayne Benner

Congrats on getting out of debt!

I don't know what the interest rate on your home is,

but if it is low, you would be better off throwing the

surplus into the IRA. With compounding interest at

your age, you should come out WAY ahead.

wayne

--- Shawn <shawnonline@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Hi I'm new and my name is Shawn. I'm fairly good

> with budgeting.

>

> I have gotten out of all car debt. I only have

> house debt now.

>

> I have have 3 months emergency expenses money in an

> ING account, but wondering what to do with my

> surplus after this.

>

> I'm 33 years old.

>

> I am doing my 401K at 6% and then am putting in a

> certain amount of money into a "CAR FUND" so I can

> pay for my next car with cash.

>

> All other surplus I am thinking of putting into

> HOUSE payoff, however I don't have a ROTH IRA.

>

> Have any of you put all of your other surplus into

> HOUSE payoff? Based on what I'm seeing I could have

> my house paid off in 7-10 years if I do this.

>

> I also have a desire to put the surplus into a ROTH

> IRA, but instead thinking it would be much better to

> be about 40 years old and have no morgage then I can

> be more open for giving as well as retirement

> saving.

>

> Tough stuff because crunching the numbers seem to

> suggest Roth IRA is better, but I have such a strong

> desire to pay off the house to be rid of all debt.

>

> Thanks in advance,

> Shawn

__________________________________________________ ______________________________\

____

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Shelly Billingsley

PAY OFF THE HOUSE!!!!! Be Debt freeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Shelly

----- Original Message ----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 12:45:24 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : What to do with surplus?

<div style="font-size: 12pt;font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif;">Hi I'm new and my name is Shawn. I'm fairly good with budgeting.
    <div style="font-size: 12pt;font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif;">
    <div style="font-size: 12pt;font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif;">I have gotten out of all car debt. I only have house debt now.
    <div style="font-size: 12pt;font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif;">
    <div style="font-size: 12pt;font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif;">I have have 3 months emergency expensesmoney in an ING account, but wondering what to do with my surplus after this.
    <div style="font-size: 12pt;font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif;">I'm 33 years old.
    <div style="font-size: 12pt;font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif;">I am doing my 401K at 6% and then am putting in a certain amount of money into a "CAR FUND" so I can pay for my next car with cash.
    <div style="font-size: 12pt;font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif;">All other surplus I am thinking of putting into HOUSE payoff, however I don't have a ROTH IRA.
    <div style="font-size: 12pt;font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif;">Have any of you put all of yourother surplus into HOUSE payoff? Based on what I'm seeing I could have my house paid off in 7-10 years if I do this.
    <div style="font-size: 12pt;font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif;">I also have a desire to put the surplus into a ROTH IRA, but instead thinking it would be much better to be about 40 years old and have no morgage then I can be more open for giving as well as retirement saving.
    <div style="font-size: 12pt;font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif;">Tough stuff because crunching the numbers seem to suggest Roth IRA is better, but I have such a strong desire topay off the house to be rid of all debt.
    <div style="font-size: 12pt;font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif;">Thanks in advance,
    <div style="font-size: 12pt;font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif;">Shawn

Dan & Jamieson Fredrick

<FONT color="#000080">WOW, Shawn -- can I be like you?!?!? PLEASE!!!
    <FONT color="#000080">it seems that we're lucky enough to have enough 'surplus' to go see family and friends (3 hours away) for a weekend or even stock up on necessities like paper towels, toilet paper, tylenol, pantry foods, etc...
    <FONT color="#000080">please feel free to share any tips -- and email me offline if you prefer!!!
    <FONT color="#000080">and, just my 2 cents - if I were as smart as you, and had the option -- I'd pay off the house, then go to the ROTH IRA after that was paid off...
    <FONT color="#000080">Good luck and God Bless...
    <FONT color="#000080">-Jamieson

Wayne Benner

that would definitely be a nice short-term feeling,

but I think most financial analysts would recommend

the IRA.

it must be sweet to have that choice, though...really

can't lose either way

--- Shelly Billingsley wrote:

> PAY OFF THE HOUSE!!!!! Be Debt freeeeeeeeeeeeee

> Shelly

<HUGE EXCESS RETURN POST EDITED BY MODS>

Herlean

Pay off the house, then increase your retirement savings to 15% - 20% in the

401(k), plus other avenues for retirement savings. Be completely debt free and

enjoy your life!

Herlean

Subject: Budget101.com : What to do with surplus?

I have have 3 months emergency expenses money in an ING account, but wondering

what to do with my surplus after this.

<EXCESS RETURN POST EDITED BY MODS>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast