SPLINTER REMOVAL

SPLINTER REMOVAL

My son has a splinter in the bed of his fingernail and I can't get it out with a needle,does any one have any ideas how i can remove this?

bed, clinic, feel, finger, fingernail, hat, hem, hey, ideas, moment, nail, needle, removal, remove, soap, son, splinter, store, time, water, needle,does

maria

Default SPLINTER REMOVAL

My son has a splinter in the bed of his fingernail and I can't get it

out with a needle,does any one have any ideas how i can remove this?

Doreen

Default Splinter Removal

My son had one embedded under his nail. I could not get it out myself,

so unfortunately, I had to take him into the clinic so they could get

it out. They numbbed up his finger so he would not feel them digging

and it was out in a moment. Probably took more time to numb up the

finger.

Doreen

Maja Drouin

Default SPLINTER REMOVAL

Have you tried to soak his finger in warm soap water, that usually helps. Good luck, Maja

<table><td> Trænger du til at se det store billede? Kelkoo giver dig gode tilbud på LCD TV!

Trekgloria@aol.com

Default SPLINTER REMOVAL

My first suggestion is going to be what everyone else would say, see a doctor or a health care professional. While splinters are part of growing up and one is never to old to get a splinter, and generally easy to remove and rarely dangerous, if it is in thenail, then that could present added problems, from future development of the nail to a greater increase of infection. Besides it might be far more painful to remove it at home than done by a health care professional.
    Now having made my first recommendation, the one I'd really suggested you take, I'll simply state what was done when I was a child, and yes it was a L-O-N-G time ago and I am in no way recommending this. For any "inflection" that didn't respond to a basic cleaning with soap, water,peroxide, and mercurochrome, my family's chosen over the counter product, a piece of "fat meat" was placed over the infection. The best type of fat meat, I really don't know if you can buy it anymore, it's truly a piece of "fat meat" with a rind and salted. Fatback maybe is another term. Keep it clean, once or twice a day, and a new piece placed each time and covered. It does have drawing abilities, that I've seen and lived through myself, my feet must be made of magnets, caused rusty nails were just DRAWN to mine as a child.
    Again, while I tell about using this. I still suggest seeing a health care professional. Even though I've used the "fat meat" cure many times in my life, I'd still go to a health care professional today, oh and a Tetanus shot might be needed. And, I'm not a health care professional, and I don't play one on TV.
    Gloria

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

guess who

Default SPLINTER REMOVAL

i read to put a piece of potato on a splinter an sucure it over night an its suppose to draw it out but it sounds like a long shot on this one

maria <secretwindow-jd1@sbcglobal.net> wrote: My son has a splinter in the bed of his fingernail and I can't get it

<FONT face="comic sans ms" color="#bf00bf" size="4">Brenda

&#32;
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]

coutant5

Default SPLINTER REMOVAL

<FONT face="Arial" color="#000000" size="3">Try one of these.

<FONT face="Arial" color="#000000" size="3">To get out a deeply embedded splinter apply a slice of fresh onion or tomato. Another alternative is to apply some honey. Either way the splinter will be drawn to the skin surface.

<FONT color="#005500" size="4">My grandmother used sugar, some bar soap (Ivory I think) and spit. Mixed a poultice and covered with a gauze pad. Within 20 minutes, the stinger dislodged. Works good will thorns and splinters, too.
    [quote]
    <FONT color="#005e00" size="4">Splinter - To cure splinters my Grandmother would cuut a piece of fat from bacon and place it over the splinter (with a Band-Aid). As long as the splinter was wood, it would come out, usually overnight. It works!
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 2:15 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : SPLINTER REMOVAL

My son has a splinter in the bed of his fingernail and I can't get it

Chris Wheeler

Default SPLINTER REMOVAL

Try soaking his thumb in water to create some more space between his skin and the splinter... or if it isnt practical for him to soak it for that long of a period maybe put a bandaid over the entire area first and then keep the bandaid wet for aday or twobefore attempting to remove it again. The idea is to create the effect where the skin gets all puffy & wrinkled like when you stay in the swimming pool or bath tub for too long.

Candis Weldy

Default SPLINTER REMOVAL

1. Mix charcoal (1 to 2 Tbs.) with a little water to form a wet paste. It should be moist but not crumbly or drippy.
    2. Spread the paste on one half of a folded paper towel, loosely woven cloth, or piece of gauze cut to fit the area to be treated. When ready the cloth should be moist, and thoroughly saturated with the paste.

3. Then cover the paste by folding over the other half of the paper towel or cloth.
    4. Next place the charcoal poultice on the affected body part making sure it completely covers the area.
    5. Cover the poultice with plastic (when available, plastic food wrap works fine) cut to overlap the poultice by an inch on every side. This will keep it from drying out. If the charcoal dries out, it will not be able to adsorb.

6. Finish off by bandaging or taping the poultice securely in place. Leave it on for several hours, or better yet, overnight. After 6 to 10 hours another poultice can be applied.

Charcoal is great for lots of things and is relatively inexpensive.

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 3:35 PM, guess who <hufnpuf44@yahoo.com> wrote:

i read to put a piece of potato on a splinter an sucure it over night an its suppose to draw it out but it sounds like a long shot on this one

maria <secretwindow-jd1@sbcglobal.net> wrote: <blockquote style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid;">

My son has a splinter in the bed of his fingernail and I can&#39;t get it

[/quote]

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#bf00bf" size="4">Brenda