Thread: Spinach Lasagna

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Spinach Lasagna

Tired of the typical camping meals? Make something special using your Dutch oven...
    Spinach Lasagna
    lasagna noodles
    seasoned tomato sauce (for camping it may be easier to use a marinara-type sauce from a jar)
    thinly sliced garlic
    thinly sliced mushrooms
    grated mozzarella cheese
    raw spinach
    sliced black olives
    thinly sliced tomatoes
    fresh basil (de-stemmed and sliced into 1/4 inch strips)
    ricotta cheese
    eggs (2 eggs per lb. of ricotta)
    grated parmesan cheese
    chopped fresh parsley
    black pepper
    Mix up ricotta with eggs, grated parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and black pepper into a thick sticky paste.

Layer the following ingredients (it's important to follow directions specifically):
    Pour in some olive oil to coat bottom of the pan or oven.Put down a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. If you are using a round pan or oven, you can break off corners of the noodles to make them fit. Save the triangle corners to fill in holes later.
    Mix the mushrooms and garlic into the sauce and spread the sauce generously over the noodles.
    Add a layer of the mozzarella
    Top completely with spinach.
    Glob on the ricotta mix and mash the spinach down with it using a large serving spoon or rubber spatula.
    Spot the ricotta mix with sliced black olives -- approximately 25 slices of olives per layer.

Cover with the thinly sliced tomatoes.
    Layer with fresh basil leaf strips -- approximately 1/2 inch apart.
    Repeat the layers one more time.
    At the top make sure you finish the lasagna off with a third layer of noodles and top with more sauce and then grated mozzarella cheese.
    Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of water or wine (better) over the top of everything.
    Don't add liquid if using canned spinach (yuck, not recommended).
    Make sure the lid of the oven does not touch the top of the lasagna/cheese.
    Bake with bottom and top coals until everything is bubbly and the noodles are soft -- about 30 minutes.
    After removing the lasagna from heat, let it sit for a little while and cool removing it before serving.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spinach Lasagna

And here is another great sounding recipe!! You absolutely ROCK!!

Thank you so much for ALL of the great recipes you share with us.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spinach Lasagna

...giggle...you are so good for my ego! LOL! Seriously, I guess that you figured out that I love to cook and drawing on my rich heritage as a young girl not only fed my love, but gave me a foundation to work with. I encourage you and everyone to adjust any recipe that doesn't satisfy your family and tweak what you need to...making it your own;-D