Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I Need Some WORN Golf Balls!!

Anyone out there golf or live near a golf course? I am in need of about a dozen Well Worn (white) golf balls.

A few of our chickens have become egg breakers and we're trying to determine which ones (out of 40!) are doing it. We've been told that placing golf balls in the nests will stop this behavior, but they need to be well worn so they better resemble eggs. If anyone is willing to mail us a few old golf balls, we'd be extremely grateful!

Feel Free to PM Me!
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I Need Some WORN Golf Balls!!

sorry I don't know of anyone who has any old golf balls but, I had to laugh reading that. Can you imagine the suprise that hen (or hens) is going to have trying to peck on that sucker! lol

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

haha Lorraine, I found some wooden eggs at the craft store and it seems to be doing the trick. I did find one "egg" with a couple peck marks and so far egg production seems to be picking back up.
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last night I had on Alaska the last frontier and one of the sons had a 'cannible' chicken as well. Come to find out it was an older hen who from what they said hasn't been right since a rooster pecked one of her eyes out lol. So I guess since then she was going around pecking the eggs and chicks, kinda gruesome when they picked up a chick and she had pecked out it's brain..needless to say she became dinner that night lol.