Thread: Today's Meals

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heart Today's Meals

Today’s meals were/are super simple and inexpensive:

Breakfast – 2 Fried eggs with left over corn bread

Lunch – Leftover chicken from last week on hard rolls (*See my deal below*) laced with homemade garlic mayonnaise and leftover toppings(1/2 a tomato, partial avocado)

Supper – Herb roasted chicken with rosemary potatoes & corn

*Today’s Super Deals*

I had to run to the store this morning to get my milk and eggs for the week and while I was there I checked their daily bargain bin. This is what I found:

- 8 deli style hamburger rolls for $ .99 ($0.12 each)
    - 8 deli style hot dog rolls for $ .99 ( - 8 deli style hot dog rolls for $ .99 ($0.12 each).12 each)

- Box of 12 glazed doughnuts for $ 1.49 ($ 0.12 each)

All will be repackaged in bags of 2 and “hidden” in the freezer for future meals/snacks.

The discouraging part of the whole food store trip was that the milk costs $3.97 and the eggs were on sale for 2 dozen/$3.00. That was a whopping $6.97 just for basic kitchen staples! Makes me want to start my own farm
    Happy Budgeting.

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Today's Meals

WOW your milk prices are high. Our markets always have coupons for $1.98 a gallon (skim, 1% or 2%). We switched from Whole milk to 2% about a year ago (so we could use the coupons), we are working our way to 1% for diets. Maybe living in MN the milk prices are lower (lots of farms)????????
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Downloads
    Uploads

Heart Re: Today's Meals

Living in or near dairy farms is a HUGE plus. Out here we have beef cows, big, beautiful free range cows. So our local beef is scrumptious, but diary products are a whole other issue.

This is why, I believe, that I am haveing such a problem staying on budget. Our prices are lower than perhaps Alaska, but much more expensive than most places.

I don't purchase anything but whole milk because I make my own cheeses and nothing will work for them except whole milk. Not to mention, if I wanted to stretch my milk I could just dilute it with water and I have skim milk. Twice the milk at a fraction of the price.

Downloads
    Uploads

Heart Re: Today's Meals

Update: The Herb roasted chicken from last night was actually a little larger than I thought it was. I have been able to get 3 meals out of it:
    1. Roast chicken
    2. Left over meat for a 9" potpie
    3. Soup

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love looking at other people's meal plans!
    AND I love the way you stretched your chicken to make 3 meals...very cost effective!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love looking at other people's meal plans!
    AND I love the way you stretched your chicken to make 3 meals...very cost effective!