Results 1 to 1 of 1
10-30-2012, 02:10 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 1995
- in front of the puter
- Blog Entries
5-0 Radio Police Scanner Lite (Free) - Smartest Apps LLC
The 5-0 Radio Police Scanner Lite (Free) - Smartest Apps LLC App has been provided to you by Budget101.com
5-0 Radio Police Scanner Lite (Free)
Smartest Apps LLC
Release Date: February 18, 2010
Tap into the largest collection of live police, firefighters, aircraft, railroad, marine, emergency, and ham radios. Be the first to know about important news, events, or any major crime waves happening in your town.
*Note: Our paid app called 5-0 Radio PRO adds 33,000 more feeds - Search for "5-0 Radio Pro" on iTunes to find it.
Message from the Developers
Thanks for making us in the top 100 most downloaded iPhone app for 2 years straight (2010 and 2011). We now have over 11 million users.
- Listen to feeds in the background. You can run other apps while listening to the police. Just email a link to yourself and tap it to listen to it in the background.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Listen to feeds on your desktop/laptop computer. Email yourself a link to the feed, and open that link on your browser or with your favorite mp3 player.
- Ability to Add Feeds
- Brand new built-in Web Browser allows you to browse the web while listening to a feed in the background.
- The web browser also automatically detects feeds and integrates it with the radio. Now you can add feeds from the web by simply tapping on the feed's link via our browser.
- The web browser blocks most ads.
- Share feeds with your friends by email. They do not need to buy this app to listen with you.
- Top 100 Feeds list
- Aircraft and Train Feeds
For listings, go here: SmartestApple.com/50radio.html#air
- Worldwide coverage. Although, we may not have your country covered, our app is always expanding and looking for new police radios to tap into.
- List scanners by county. Don't just list all feeds in a state, get only the ones that are from your city/county.
- Integrated map that finds your location and the location of the feed. Now you can find where the action is happening and follow along.
- Built-in police/EMS/fire/military codes and phonetic alphabet for easy interpretation. Good for any beginners who do not have the proper training and have trouble remembering what the codes mean.
- Save your favorites to the front screen of the app for quick one-tap access.
- This app will dynamically grab a new list of sources so that you will always be the first to get any new police feeds out there.
- See the popularity of each feed. Each feed lists the number of listeners who are following the action along with you.
- Choose new skins or make your own. Skins can be any photo you choose from your photos library.
- New police feeds and others are added on an hourly basis, so keep checking if we added yours recently.
Go to http://smartestapple.com/feeds
It is legal in most countries to listen to police feeds. However, it is illegal in some places to use this app to aid in the commission of a crime or to pose as a police officer when you are not. It may also be illegal to use it while driving. Please consult your local laws before using this app outside of your home.
Is it fake?
It's very real. Each feed comes from a person in that region with an expensive police scanner and is sharing the signal with you via the internet.
The delay between the real radio feed and this app is only 1-3 seconds.
Chat with us
Join us @ twitter.com/50radio and facebook.com/smartestapple
Check out our website SmartestApple.com for other great free apps from us
© © 2009-12 Smartest Apps LLC
Free Apps are usually available for less than 48 Hours, because of this, all threads are automatically closed to additional comments/responses at that time.
By FreebieQueen in forum Free AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-28-2012, 06:11 AM
By FreebieQueen in forum Free AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-11-2011, 08:30 PM
By FreebieQueen in forum FreebiesReplies: 1Last Post: 02-13-2010, 05:25 PM
By jkpjohnson in forum FreebiesReplies: 6Last Post: 05-01-2009, 07:02 AM