still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Slipping off the budget wagon : (

I slipped off the budget wagon last night and I am feeling guilty about it.

I had an off day that was a little emotionally challenging and by supper time nothing I had in the refrigerator or freezer sounded appetizing so when my husband came home I grabbed him and headed out for Chinese food.

My choice to do so, I know, was because I was burned out and had nothing left to give even to myself. Does anyone else have this issue from time to time?

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Slipping off the budget wagon : (

Don't be so hard on yourself. I am sure everyone has this problem from time to time. Just think of this (going out and having Chinese food) as a gift to yourself. If you have a budgeted item on your list as gifts -- take it from there. Or, from petty cash. Either way just go with the flow. Budgets have to have some flexablity. I know mine does. Hope this helps. Thanks; Virginia

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BellaRosa View Post
    I slipped off the budget wagon last night and I am feeling guilty about it.

I had an off day that was a little emotionally challenging and by supper time nothing I had in the refrigerator or freezer sounded appetizing so when my husband came home I grabbed him and headed out for Chinese food.

My choice to do so, I know, was because I was burned out and had nothing left to give even to myself. Does anyone else have this issue from time to time?
    Yep.
    ESPECIALLY when I'm super stressed out. I -DO- try to stick to my menus, but sometimes...life just happens.
    Virginia is right with the advice of not being too hard on yourself. Sometimes there's not many alternatives to just going with the flow. Trying to travel uphill all of the times can be quite exhausting...or so I've found anyway.
    What ever the issue, I hope it's found a way to resolve itself. ::hugs::

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

You need to treat yourself every so often, otherwise you will give up all together (just like dieting). Give yourself a HIGH FIVE at least you had Chinese and not a steak dinner!
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with all of the other posts. A budget is just imaginary numbers. Sometimes there is more, sometimes less. As long as you are not slipping every day, that is a major success. I struggle with my budget constantly.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks everyone, your reply's have really helped.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

What did you have? I'm going to live vicariously here for a bit if you don't mind. Love, love,love, one day gonna marry me some peanut butter chicken!
    Don't fret over it. Going out to eat is suppose to be fun. Maybe, you could look for copy cat recipes of what you ordered while it's still fresh on your mind.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just consider eating out to be a deserved payment for all you have done to save money all the other days. Every laborer deserves to be paid. Just don't have payday too often. LOL