Poll: Would you be interested in becoming a Supporting Member if the option was available?

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default No Ad Version of Budget101.com Available

Hi all!

We understand that ads on the site can be frustrating for folks viewing the pages, however, server expenses for a site with over 300,000 pages gets rather high (we're talking "Mortgage payment on a REALLY nice house" High!) - although we already have levels for active members (those who participate on the site more often see fewer advertisements than those who tend to lurk), we have also added a "supporting member option" where members can receive a Banner ad-free version of budget101 when they login.

Being a Supporting Member will give you:

* A virtually Ad Free viewing experience which includes Removal of All 300x250, 160x600 & 728x90 Banner Ads
    * Private messages Limit increased to 250
    * Increased avatar size
    * Increased file upload size
    * Contests/Drawings specifically for supporting members
    * 2 Entries for every 5 posts in our Bi-Weekly Thank You Gift Program

If you'd prefer not to become a supporting member, that's great too! Budget101.com has been a free resource for well over a decade and will continue to be available at no cost. These are just extra "perks" of becoming a supporting member.

There are 3 supporting member options, 3 months ($12), 6 months ($22) or 1 year ($36).

Purchase a Supporting Member Subscription Now:Please note that you do not have to have a Paypal account in order to purchase the supporting member option. Paypal does not require an account to make a payment. Subscriptions are NOT recurring.

Legal Notice: Purchasing a Supporting Member subscription in no way affects the B101 Terms of Service, which remain in full effect. Supporting Member payments are not refundable.
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Waiting for my ship to come in
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: No Ad Version of Budget101.com -

I like the idea of this Liss, I would be interested in banner-ad free version and would be willing to pay up to $5 a month for it.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Interesting idea. I have seen other sites that have members pay to view. It could be a good option as long as it is not a required option. Would you be able to view all of the site with the banner-free version or only parts of it? Thanks; Virginia

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    Interesting idea. I have seen other sites that have members pay to view. It could be a good option as long as it is not a required option. Would you be able to view all of the site with the banner-free version or only parts of it? Thanks; Virginia

The supporting member option removes all Banner ads which include 300x250, 160x600, 728x90 site-wide. It does not remove google links. It is an "option" not a requirement, Members and guests can continue to view the site for free as it is if they prefer.
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: No Ad Version of Budget101.com Available

While I understand where you are coming from, I am not too happy with being forced to turn off my adblocker in order to view the forums. I would have seriously considered becoming a supporting member but for that.