G'day from Tasmania, Australia

Hi All, Found this site through a link in Simple Savings, (Australian savings site) I am looking forward to getting to know you all, and saving cash. I was born in the UK (Grimsby, Lincolnshire) travelled to Australia with my family in 1968 (I was 14) and settled in Tasmania, an island state to

tasmania, australia, hobart, work, back, site, savings, rainforest, moviing, returning, setting, years, idyllic, half, moving, glenys, craft, knitting, reading, mucking, mortgage, partners, carer, husbands, late, cheers, relationship, 100kms, lived, saving, cash, born, lincolnshire, grimsby, forward, found, link, australian, simple, travelled, family, gday, states, living, city, capital, love, mainland, settled, 1968

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile G'day from Tasmania, Australia

Hi All, Found this site through a link in Simple Savings, (Australian savings site) I am looking forward to getting to know you all, and saving cash.

I was born in the UK (Grimsby, Lincolnshire) travelled to Australia with my family in 1968 (I was 14) and settled in Tasmania, an island state to the south of mainland Australia. I love Tasmania, and have lived mainly in and around Hobart our states capital city. I have been living in Maydena, about 100kms from Hobart in an idyllic rainforest setting for the last four and half years, but am currently looking at moviing back to Hobart and returning to work. (Had been my late husbands carer, but am now looking at moving on, into a new relationship and back to work to help with new partners mortgage)

I am into craft especially knitting, reading, mucking about on the pc...lol,

cheers
    glenys

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G'day from Tasmania, Australia

Hello and Welcome, Glenys! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Thanks; Virginia

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Gleny! It sounds beautiful there!The forest would be hard for me to leave. It sounds like you are living life as an adventure!Welcome to Budget 101 and if I can be of any help to you then just let me know.

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi glenys ~ WOW you are a world away. Glad you decided to join us!

Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks all for the warm welcome, I have a couple of job interviews today....all go and quite exciting. Have been working out a budget for the two of us, and decluttering, selling a few surplus items at the market and raising some cash....for the joint fund.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love to know what comes of your interviews.

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to the site Gleny! Defintely let us know how your interviews go. I am sure you will find several ideas here to help you start your new life. Enjoy the site.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All,
    It seems I forgot about this site.... but luckily I have found it again!
    A lot has happened since I joined. I got a job, didn't get as far as orientation because I had a Heart Attack. But I am fully recovered now, trying to lose weight and get a bit fitter. Those jobs, well, I got back in touch and did my orientation and have been working as a casual, have worked full time for about 8 weeks, and now have a permanent part time position, which is great and am on call on my days off.
    The budget is looking good thanks to the job, and I can salary sacrifice now that I am a permanent worker, which means I will pay less tax.
    I am living in Richmond which is a beautiful colonial township in Tasmania, loads of sandstone buildings, and old jail, craft shops and I volunteer along with my partner for The Village Fair which is held annually.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast