Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thank you budget101!

2 days ago I stumbled upon this site and I sure am grateful that I did. My refrigerator & cupboards were almost empty and we had 6 days to go until payday. After spending a few hours reading different posts on this forum and getting very inspired, I took an inventory of what supplies I had on hand then I sat down with the local grocery store circulars that had just arrived and I made a menu plan for 1 week using the ingredients I had or could purchase on sale. I transferred the last $50.00 from my savings account and I headed for the store.

$47.91 later and I had enough for to feed my husband and I for 1 week with lots of leftovers for lunches and the freezer. I was stunned to say the least. I have been food shopping for my family for 25 years and this was the very first time I did it for this price. Granted I am only feeding 2 people right now as my boys, although living with us, no longer dine at home. However I am still very impressed (and proud of myself) for food shopping for a week’s worth of food for under $50.00.

Thank you Liss for starting this site and forum, I am very grateful that you did!

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Thank you budget101!

Quote Originally Posted by BellaRosa View Post
    2 days ago I stumbled upon this site and I sure am grateful that I did. My refrigerator & cupboards were almost empty and we had 6 days to go until payday. After spending a few hours reading different posts on this forum and getting very inspired, I took an inventory of what supplies I had on hand then I sat down with the local grocery store circulars that had just arrived and I made a menu plan for 1 week using the ingredients I had or could purchase on sale. I transferred the last $50.00 from my savings account and I headed for the store.

$47.91 later and I had enough for to feed my husband and I for 1 week with lots of leftovers for lunches and the freezer. I was stunned to say the least. I have been food shopping for my family for 25 years and this was the very first time I did it for this price. Granted I am only feeding 2 people right now as my boys, although living with us, no longer dine at home. However I am still very impressed (and proud of myself) for food shopping for a week’s worth of food for under $50.00.

Thank you Liss for starting this site and forum, I am very grateful that you did!

Thank you so much for sharing that's really Great!! What's on your menu for the week?
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just wanted to say welcome. There is so much to take in on this site. Kinda like Disney World. It'll take more than one trip to see it all. I'm excited for you and like Liss, curious as to what ya'll are having this week. Again, welcome.

Downloads
    Uploads

Pork stirfry w/ dinner rolls & homemade brownies for desert
    Apples & cabbage with sour dough garlic bread & homemade chocolate pudding for desert
    Tortilla soup w/ black beans & sour dough garlic bread with fresh melon for desert
    Egg Salad Sandwiches with rosemary potatoes
    Split Pea Soup with dinner rolls
    Enough leftovers for at least 2 more suppers, not to mention lunches

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well now, that sure sounds like some good eating.

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Forgot to say ~ I understand the "Cooking for Two" issues! It can be hard, today I was looking to make some English Muffins from scratch (18 mufins would last us 2+ months), there is just not enough freezer room. I prefer to not have leftovers and some recipies you just cannot cut in half or in fourth. We live in a apartment, so I cannot have extra freezers and fridges (1 fridge is all I get, so space is a premium)....................................
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Downloads
    Uploads

Cooking for two is definitely hard to get use to. A little sad for me as well as our family always made time for at least 1 sit down meal together every day. It’s a difficult adjustment to be sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast