~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have cooking times for both thawed and frozen?

I assume you make lots and lots of these little pockets of yummy goodness and freeze them. Do you put them on a tray and freeze before bagging to prevent sticking? Or do you bake and then freeze them so you can throw them in the microwave?

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: Article: Make Your Own Ravioli

Quote Originally Posted by HerbLady View Post
    Do you have cooking times for both thawed and frozen?

I assume you make lots and lots of these little pockets of yummy goodness and freeze them. Do you put them on a tray and freeze before bagging to prevent sticking? Or do you bake and then freeze them so you can throw them in the microwave?

HerbLady,
    I often make my own pastas simply because it is so easy and tastes better than any of the boxed pastas you will find in stores. I've picked up a few tips from different places and people that make it much easier, one being that once you have your pasta, ravioli or whatever type of pasta made place it on a pan/platter dusted with plain corn meal. This prevents the pasta from sticking as well as getting "gummy" when cooking. If you want to freeze ravioli's simply do this then place them in the freezer to flash freeze for an hour or so then pop them into labeled bags.
    Hope this helps

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

i so want too try this!!

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mechelle, it helps loads.

I am lucky enough to have had a noodle maker given to me so extruding the dough will be WIN. My ravioli form should be here in a week. I can't wait to start fooling around with this in the kitchen. Butternut squash is in season and can be made into REALLY tasty sauce as well as made into filling.

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

It took me forever to get around to making the ravioli. I was far too busy with the holidays. I gotta say this was super easy. I used stone ground whole wheat for the dough and just mushed up a leftover cheese ball with some spinach and poof there was a fast and easy filling.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

These look amazing! I gotta know, has anyone successfully substituted gluten-free flour for this? I'd love to try this recipe because right now the cheapest GF ravioli I can find have to be special ordered and cost about $3 per serving. Please help!!

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Make Your Own Ravioli

Quote Originally Posted by mamabird View Post
    These look amazing! I gotta know, has anyone successfully substituted gluten-free flour for this? I'd love to try this recipe because right now the cheapest GF ravioli I can find have to be special ordered and cost about $3 per serving. Please help!!
    I found the stone ground wheat needed a little more time than all purpose. I'd just let whatever you use have a bit extra rest time before you start rolling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast