Maja Drouin

Default Night shifts at grocerystores - busy or not ?

Hello,

I got a question for those of you who usually grocery shop during the night ?

I have been offered a night shift doing cashiering 10pm-6am part time at our

local cub - but havent worked night shifts before - Is it really busy or not at

all.

Thanks,

Maja, MN

Sue Bogert

Not at all if this is a regular grocery store. Of course, payday is always an

exception. Hope that helps.

Maja Drouin <drouin_maja@yahoo.dk> wrote: Hello,

coutant5

I did this off and on for 5 years. I wouldn't recommend it, I was in fine health when I started, and now I have hypothyroidism and am overweight. I never got quality sleep in the daytime and our body clock repairs the body starting at 10:00pm when we all should be in bed. I ignored this and I wish I could go back because my quality of life now wasn't worth the money.
    It isn't that busy, I found some drunk people, a few"night people" that were regulars..mostly I cleaned registers and dusted candy racks. Remember, you health is priceless.
    Debbie, South Carolina
    [quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Budget101
    Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 5:37 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Night shifts at grocerystores - busy or not ?

Hello,

I got a question for those of you who usually grocery shop during the night ? I have been offered a night shift doing cashiering 10pm-6am part time at our local cub - but havent worked night shifts before - Is it really busy or not at all.

Thanks,
    Maja, MN

armstrca

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">Not really – it will be a bit busy till ~ midnight and then slow after that.
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">You will need something to do to keep you busy (restocking close to your register, etc….)
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Maja Drouin
    Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 4:37 PM
    To: Budget101
    Subject: Budget101.com : Night shifts at grocerystores - busy or not ?
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman';">I got a question for those of you who usually grocery shop during the night ? I have been offered a night shift doing cashiering 10pm-6am part time at our local cub - but havent worked night shifts before - Is it really busy or not at all.

Maja, MN

Dee Webber

I'm often one of those after midnight shoppers, since hubby works swing shift. I

sometimes have to pick him up, then make a quick run for something. Even at our

local Super Walmart, it's not all that busy at midnight or later. They only have

2 registers open, & there is rarely a line.

Dee

> To: budget101_@yahoogroups.com

> From: drouin_maja@yahoo.dk

> Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 23:37:09 &#43;0100

> Subject: Budget101.com : Night shifts at grocerystores - busy or not ?

>

>

> Hello,

>

> I got a question for those of you who usually grocery shop during the night ?

I have been offered a night shift doing cashiering 10pm-6am part time at our

local cub - but havent worked night shifts before - Is it really busy or not at

all.

>

> Thanks,

> Maja, MN

>

>

>

>

> Messages in this topic

Lana Jackson

It will be busy when you begin your shift. You will have people running in after work or people running in before heading off to 3rd shift jobs, then around 11:00 PMor so it will taper off. You will probably have just a few late nighters here and there. You will probably be asked to help stock shelves in between customers. Then around 5:00 AM it will begin to pick up again because of people going to 1st shift jobs or just people who get up at the crack of dawn. Good luck

&#32;

Herlean

Around here, it is not near as busy at night as it is on a Saturday or Sunday

afternoon or even after "normal (9-5) work hours" when people are rushing to

shop on the way home. The stores that are open 24 hours a day get a lot of

shift workers hitting the stores on the way home, police, firefighters, medical

people, truck drivers shopping. And, people like me who try to skip the

tourist-shoppers on Saturday. I try to avoid the grocery store on Saturday

whenever possible. Esp. the early hours. Maybe Saturday evening, if absolutely

necessary, I will run to the grocery store.

Just not my preference.

Herlean

Maja Drouin <drouin_maja@yahoo.dk> wrote:

Hello,

Jane Williams

Does anyone know how to refurish hats?