Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Wedding Towel Cake
11-16-2006, 10:30 AM #1
Wedding Towel Cake
2 Bath Towels
2 Hand Towels
String of Pearls
2 Wash Cloths
Small Wedding Rings
Small Silk Roses
Large Silk Flowers
Cake Plate on Pedestal
Carved Soap or Candle for Topper
Making the towel cake is easy! Here's what you do...
1. Fold each bath towel in half lengthwise twice. Roll into a tight coil and use pins to anchor.
2. Join second bath towel to end of first with pins. Continue coil, pinning at the end and tying layer with narrow ribbon to secure.
3. Use hand towels for the second layer and wash cloths for the top (rolling each layer the same as the bath towels). Use pins to help keep each layer stable.
4. Decorative soaps can be tucked between layers, small silk flowers attached to the ribbons where they are tied. Drape the pearls on each layer. Add wedding rings with little bows around at random.
5. At the top, use carved decorative soap, a carved candle, or large silk flowers for the topper.
6. Encircle the bottom of the cake on the plate with large silk flowers. These can be done in the color of the wedding party.
7. For the best presentation and appearance, the towel cake looks lovely when placed upon a pretty Cake Stand. This can be included in the gift for the bride, or it can be provided on loan on the day of the shower for decorative purposes only. Click herefor an online selection of cake stands.
http://www.superweddings.com/towelcake.htmI'm a Freak!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jane For This Useful Post: