Thread: cell phones

Carole

Default cell phones

I have only a cell phone - no home phone. I'm also with T-Mobile, which alows me to pick, on my plan, the five people that I call the most, for unlimited calling. I selected the four people that I call the most, and my bank, which is notorious for hold times, LOL. Now I have one monthly bill. I have no need for the home phone at all, which surprised me at first. I did pay for cell phone insurance, because it bit me once, when I laundered the little guy in my jacket. LAter,I lost a cell phone, and the cost of replacement was MUCH less than buying a new one. I think cell phones can be invaluable. NowI see that the land line is the one I should have questioned. Hope this helps someone. Shop around for a good deal, check
    strength of signal in your area, and talk to other people to see what works for them before signing a contract.

Anggie Thompson

Default Cell phones

I need to get a cell phone now that I have a job. I looked at the prepaid ones at Walmart briefly yesterday. The one that appealed to me the most was the Verizon model because the people I would call are Verizon users and phone time is free. BUT, it cost $0.99 per day that you use the phone. Let's say I use the phone every day in a month ($31)and have some calls that aren't to Verizon customers (at $0.10/min.), it would be easy to rack up charges that come out more than a $39.99 plan at Verizon. I'd also have to buy the phone and they started at $29.99 (I think). How will that be cheaper?

--
    Anggie
    Fight Breast cancer......no one should die from it
    http://anggie-ggslife.blogspot.com/

Tracie

Default Cell phones

Look into T-Mobile - I had them a few years back and coverage was great - they

have a pay as you go plan

Actually just got a flier for it today

My phone company/cable company is my cell phone company - everything on one bill

- never a problem - all I had to do was sign up and got the phones and that was

it.

----- Original Message -----

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:20 AM

Subject: Budget101.com : Cell phones

I need to get a cell phone now that I have a job. I looked at the prepaid ones

at Walmart briefly yesterday.

Sarah Long

Default Cell phones

I used to have a Verizon cell phone on a contract but after losing service so many times they FINALLY let me out of the contract. I went with an AT&T Go Phone. I had a Go Phone years ago before AT&T wireless disappeared for a while and loved it. I love this phone and service even more than before. The phone cost me $10.00 and it has a camera. The service I have is $35.00 a month and that includes taxes and fees. I have 350 minutes during the day and 500 night and weekend minutes. Anyminutes that I don't use roll-over and are good for up to 1 year from when the roll-over.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Tami Campbell

Default Cell phones

Originally Posted by Angie Thompson:

"I need to get a cell phone now that I have a job. I looked at the prepaid ones at Walmart briefly yesterday. The one that appealed to me the most was the Verizon model because the people I would call are Verizon users and phone time is free. BUT, it cost $0.99 per day that you use the phone. Let's say I use the phone every day in a month ($31)and have some calls that aren't to Verizon customers (at $0.10/min.), it would be easy to rack up charges that come out more than a $39.99 plan at Verizon. I'd also have to buy the phone and they started at $29.99 (I think). How will that be cheaper?

--
    Anggie"

Anggie,

If you think you'll be making calls everyday or nearly everyday, you might want to try net10. You can get the phones at Wal-Mart. You're calls will always be 10 cents a minute with no daily charges just to use the phone. You can get plans as low as $15.00/mo. You can check it out at www.net10.com. This webpage should answer any questions you have about the service: http://www.net10.com/questions.jsp?n...sk=questions#y I use net10 and I've never had a problem with reception quality.

Sincerely,

Tami