Getting rid of Home Depot Credit Card- HELP!

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Getting rid of Home Depot Credit Card- HELP!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Liss

A note from one of our Members:

I suddenly find myself in worse financial shape than I thought. We live in Michigan, my husband is a seasonal worker, and our only source of income is my massage business. We went to our credit union two days ago to see if they could help us get through the next couple of months and were told our second mortgage note had ballooned. I was devastated. I was mistakenly under the impression that this particular loan was a 30 year. We also have a 3rd mortgage and two car payments. We’ve been working toward a healthier financial situation, but the economy and rising expenses were crippling this last year. My husband and I have been brainstorming as to how to fix this and plan to call everyone we know who might be able to send work his way, or help us get through.

I’ve spent a lot of time at the budget101.com site the last two days and have a question that I didn’t find an answer for yet. We have a credit card (Home Depot that we kept for emergencies as we live in an old farm

house) with an $8000 balance and an almost 20% interest rate. Do you have a recommendation for a credit card company we could transfer the balance to?

I’ve already told my husband we will, without a doubt, be tearing up the card. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve been caught in the Home Depot trap. I’ve learned we just can’t use credit cards. Home Depot is our last one.

Any advice, suggestions, links or information is greatly appreciated.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Getting rid of Home Depot Credit Card- HELP!