Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Sunrise Muffins
09-26-2012, 12:30 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
Yield: about 12 muffins
2 cups AP flour-divided
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend-divided
1/2 cup butter-divided
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup light raisins
1/2 cup *Sunrise Marmalade*
1 cup finely chopped walnuts *optional*
1. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Soften 1/4 cup butter.
2. Combine softened butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and egg; mix well. Add flour mixture and milk to sugar mix. Stir well.
3. Add raisins. Fold in gently.
4. Fill greased muffin cups 1/2 full with batter. Spoon 1-1 1/2 tsp marmalade into center of each muffin. Carefully spoon batter over marmalade to cover; set aside.
5. Combine 1/2 cup flour, walnuts-if using, and 1/2 cup brown sugar blend in a small bowl. Cut 1/4 cup butter into dry ingredients with a pasty blender just until mix is uniformly coarse. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
6. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cook 5 minutes then remove from pan and cool on a wire cooling rack.
Delicious as snacks, desserts, or for breakfast.
These muffins freeze well also. Just make sure to wrap them securely, then place in a zip top freezer bag. Label and freeze.
By MrsPaws in forum Jar Gift & Kitchen Mixes & Gifts from The KitchenReplies: 0Last Post: 09-26-2012, 12:11 PM
By BellyJean in forum Camping & Outdoor RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 07-12-2011, 04:05 PM
By mos in forum Breakfast IdeasReplies: 1Last Post: 05-31-2009, 11:42 PM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 2Last Post: 10-06-2008, 12:57 PM