Easy Enchilada Cassarole

I make my enchilada sauce but you can use any kind you want. Since making it is easy enough, I'll include the recipe. INGREDIENTS: 1 pound ground beef 2 cans (10 ounce size) enchilada sauce 1 can (10.75 ounce size) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 package (8.5

enchilada, ounce, sauce, salt, tbsp, 1/2, powder, size, paste, slow, onion, soup, stir, cheese, cups, flour, tortillas, tomato, water, ingredients, making, cook, easy, beef, chili, olive, garlic, cumin, cayenne, 1/4, taste, pepper, minutes, dissolve, stirring, occasionally, desired, spices, combine, cooking, dish, useing, enchiladas, bring, simmer, preparation, repeat, cans, ground, pound

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Easy Enchilada Cassarole

I make my enchilada sauce but you can use any kind you want. Since making it is easy enough, I'll include the recipe.
    INGREDIENTS:

1 pound ground beef
    2 cans (10 ounce size) enchilada sauce
    1 can (10.75 ounce size) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 package (8.5 ounce size) flour tortillas, torn
    3 cups shredded cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS:

Brown meat and drain. Stir in enchilada sauce, soup and salt.

In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of the beef mixture, tortillas and cheese. Repeat the layers twice. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through.

Enchilada Sauce:

2 tbsp vegetable oil / olive oil
    2 tbsp flour
    2 tbsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste

2 cups water
    1 8 ounce can tomato paste
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    If I'm useing it in this dish, I just mix it all up. No cooking. BUT, if I a making Enchiladas then I do the following.

Preparation:

Mix all ingredients and bring to a slow simmer. Stir well to combine and dissolve tomato paste in water. Allow to cook for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more spices as desired.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Easy Enchilada Cassarole

This sounds Very Good..My problem is I'm the only one in my family(household)that likes Enchilada's..I'll have to make and Freeze it...Can you Freeze some? You think it will be ok?

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I havn't freezed any but would give it a try. The only iffy thing would be the tortilla shells.So, I would probably make a small batch and freeze the remainder. Then, when you thaw it next time, you can put tortillas( cheese to if you wanted) in fresh each time you make it. I imagine it will freeze just fine. We love it. My Gramaw does not like enchiladas but will tear this up.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love to find new ways to cook something you make in the oven. I have a recipe for enchiladas that comes with a great sauce. I think it would work out great. Thank you for sharing.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will try that..and see..Love me some enchiladas..Might try it anyway and serve the family just to see if they try