Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to drink a pine tree

Yep. You can eat em AND drink em. Of the various weed teas that I make, this is my 11 year old son's favorite. He likes to add a touch of honey. Any sweetner is fine though. Find a tree that is not road side if possible. Pull out a good handfull of green needles. Pour boiling water over them and let them steep. Ehhh, say about 5-10 minutes or so. This is great for clearing phlem. BUT! BUT! BUT! DO NOT DRINK THIS TEA IF PREGNANT! THIS REMEDY IS SAID TO CAUSE MISCARRIAGES IN COWS.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to drink a pine tree

Quote Originally Posted by splashangel View Post
    Yep. You can eat em AND drink em. Of the various weed teas that I make, this is my 11 year old son's favorite. He likes to add a touch of honey. Any sweetner is fine though. Find a tree that is not road side if possible. Pull out a good handfull of green needles. Pour boiling water over them and let them steep. Ehhh, say about 5-10 minutes or so. This is great for clearing phlem. BUT! BUT! BUT! DO NOT DRINK THIS TEA IF PREGNANT! THIS REMEDY IS SAID TO CAUSE MISCARRIAGES IN COWS.
    Thank you for sharing this, Pine needles are actually VERY high in vitamin C. Btw, did you know that a type of pine in Maine is the main ingredient in Tamiflu? Pine, Spruce and fir all contain a fairly high concentration of shikimic acid.

Be very careful that you identify your pine correctly- yews look similar but are highly TOXIC. Also, Ponderosa Pine are toxic to people and animals as well.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

No! I had no idea that ANY pine was toxic. Thank you. I'll remember this in the future. I know they are super high in vit C.

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OH dear, all I could think of when you said pine needle tea is how much I hate gin. lol

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HerbLady View Post
    OH dear, all I could think of when you said pine needle tea is how much I hate gin. lol
    Gin? Is gin made out of trees?

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can't tell the difference in the trees so I won't be trying this anytime soon.