Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Old Fashioned Banana Pudding
09-08-2012, 05:21 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
Old Fashioned Banana Pudding
This is the recipe my Grandmother and my MIL gave me. (Both recipes are identical)
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar(separated)
1/4 tsp salt
1 can evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkg vanilla wafers
1. Cook sugar, salt, milk, and egg yolks on low heat until thickened. (using a double boiler-if you have it)
2. Slice bananas. Line a prepared baking dish with bananas and wafers.
3. Pour thickened filling on top of bananas and wafers. Spread around.
4. Beat egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread on top of banana mixture.
5. Brown meringue topping under broiler.