Ham and Cheese Roll-Up Sandwich

I adapted this recipe from one found in the 100 Meals For $5 or Less Cookbook. Using ham and Swiss cheese makes this a any meal sandwich. The original recipe called for your favorite deli meat and Cheddar cheese. Ham and Cheese Roll-Up Sandwich 1 pound bread dough, MYO or defrost a loaf of

delicious, sounds, sharing, recipe, interesting, cheese, roll-up, sandwich

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ham and Cheese Roll-Up Sandwich

I adapted this recipe from one found in the 100 Meals For $5 or Less Cookbook. Using ham and Swiss cheese makes this a any meal sandwich. The original recipe called for your favorite deli meat and Cheddar cheese.

1 pound bread dough, MYO or defrost a loaf of frozen bread dough ($2 for frozen dough)
    2 tablespoons soft butter (.10)
    12 ounces ham lunchmeat (I use Oscar Meyer found cheap at Wal Mart) ($3)
    Swiss cheese slices, I use Wal Mart's brand ($3)

Roll out dough on a light surface. The dough should measure about 8 x 10 and be in a rectangle. Spread the soft butter over the dough. Top with lunch meat and then the cheese. Roll up. Let rise 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

Serves 4 to 6.

Estimated Price $8.10 or
    $2.03 per serving for 4 people

NOTE: I use a 9 oz. package of Oscar Meyer lunch meat and that works just fine.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ham and Cheese Roll-Up Sandwich

I forgot to add: Be sure to tuck the ends under after you have rolled up the dough. You don't want to lose all the cheesy goodness out of the bread dough....

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Mom View Post
    I adapted this recipe from one found in the 100 Meals For $5 or Less Cookbook. Using ham and Swiss cheese makes this a any meal sandwich. The original recipe called for your favorite deli meat and Cheddar cheese.

1 pound bread dough, MYO or defrost a loaf of frozen bread dough ($2 for frozen dough)
    2 tablespoons soft butter (.10)
    12 ounces ham lunchmeat (I use Oscar Meyer found cheap at Wal Mart) ($3)
    Swiss cheese slices, I use Wal Mart's brand ($3)

Roll out dough on a light surface. The dough should measure about 8 x 10 and be in a rectangle. Spread the soft butter over the dough. Top with lunch meat and then the cheese. Roll up. Let rise 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

Serves 4 to 6.

Estimated Price $8.10 or
    $2.03 per serving for 4 people

NOTE: I use a 9 oz. package of Oscar Meyer lunch meat and that works just fine.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ham and Cheese Roll-Up Sandwich

Very interesting recipe and sounds delicious.
    Thanks for sharing!!!