Newbie intro

Hi! All, I've been living the frugal lifestyle almost all my life as I grew up in modest circumstances. For awhile I lived the "rich" lifestyle as both hubby and I were working and we did not have kids. We had children and you know how that goes :-) I look forward to learning new ideas and

working, hubby, children, learning, lifestyle, free, cook, time, nice, retired, special, adult, meeting, swap, recipes, decorative, attempts, painting, appeals, thinking, humble, re write, quilt, years, make, bookseller, tips, lived, awhile, circumstances, rich, modest, intro, living, frugal, grew, life, kids, learn, married, newbie, ideas, forward

Thread: Newbie intro

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Newbie intro

Hi! All,

I've been living the frugal lifestyle almost all my life as I grew up in modest circumstances. For awhile I lived the "rich" lifestyle as both hubby and I were working and we did not have kids.

We had children and you know how that goes

I look forward to learning new ideas and tips here as there is always something new to learn.

We've been married over 30 years, have two adult special needs children, and one cat. I'm now retired although hubby is still working.

In my free time I like to cook, swap recipes, write reviews for a bookseller, and make humble attempts at decorative painting. I'm thinking about learning how to quilt as it appeals to me.

Any way, nice meeting everyone.

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie intro

Welcome! You will find lots of good information on this site. Thanks; Virginia

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

My name is Shari I live in Sacramento, CA. im originally from San Diego, CA. im interested in living frugally so i have some money at the end of the month

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nice to meet you Frugal Mom! I would also like to attempt to learn how to quilt, my hubby has an OLD quilt of his mothers and the fabric is just shredding. I think it would be a nice hobby for sitting around on cold winter nights.

Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I've also done decorative painting and one of the cheapest places you can get paint supplies is Dick Blick. I don't live near any craft stores so I buy most of my craft goodies online.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jkpjohnson View Post
    Nice to meet you Frugal Mom! I would also like to attempt to learn how to quilt, my hubby has an OLD quilt of his mothers and the fabric is just shredding. I think it would be a nice hobby for sitting around on cold winter nights.

Hi! Pamela,

I bet you could use a warm quilt or two up there in Minnesota. LOL!

BTW I married a South Dakotan and we go back to the Dakotas once in awhile. We are living really, really frugally right now as I am trying to put some money aside so we can go back for my nephew's graduation. He's getting his doctorate in mechanical engineering from SDSM&T.