Results 1 to 1 of 1
09-04-2012, 11:19 AM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
Spicy Beans and Rice with Sausage
1 lb dried kidney or black beans
1 ham bone
1 bell pepper-diced
2 stalks celery-diced
3 cloves garlic-minced
1 bay leaf
2 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper-to taste
1 lb hot bulk sausage
1/2 lb mild bulk sausage
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Hot cooked rice
1. Sort and rinse beans. Soak overnight.
2. Drain and rinse very well.
3. Add beans to large pot. Cover with water. Stir in ham bone, onions, bell pepper, garlic, celery, bay leaf, chili powder, s and p. Bring to a boil and cover. Simmer 1 hour.
4. While the beans are cooking, brown sausage in a skillet, stirring to crumble. Drain.
5. After beans have cooked, add sausage mix to bean mixture. Remove bay leaf. Cook, uncovered, for an additional 30 minutes on med heat.
Serve over hot cooked rice.
By mos in forum Breakfast IdeasReplies: 4Last Post: 12-22-2009, 12:29 PM
By mos in forum Vegetarian Left Over LayeringReplies: 4Last Post: 11-06-2008, 02:33 PM
By rtebalt in forum ThanksgivingReplies: 0Last Post: 11-05-2008, 08:51 AM
By rtebalt in forum ThanksgivingReplies: 0Last Post: 11-05-2008, 08:19 AM
By Savin' Moola in forum Dump RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-24-2007, 08:25 AM