Chicken Taquitos- General Recipes

1 (9-10oz) can 98% fat-free chunk white chicken breast in water, drained and flaked or cooked equivalent 1/2 cup salsa plus extra for dipping 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese 1/4 tsp dry taco seasoning mix 8 (6 in) yellow corn tortillas sour cream for dipping Preheat the oven to 375

Main Dish, tortillas, chicken, place, salsa, tortilla, minutes, cheese, combine, oven, cream, surface, taco, seasoning, sour, dipping, paper, filling, towels, microwave, tbsp, minute, rest, flat, warm, clean, spoon, entire, 6.bake, remaining, sheet, repeat, refried, beans, additional, serve, cool, baking, prepared, roll, evenly, tightly, secure, seam-side, needed, toothpicks, spread, extra, equivalent, cooked

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chicken Taquitos

1 (9-10oz) can 98% fat-free chunk white chicken breast in
    water, drained and flaked or cooked equivalent
    1/2 cup salsa plus extra for dipping
    1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    1/4 tsp dry taco seasoning mix
    8 (6 in) yellow corn tortillas
    sour cream for dipping

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

1. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and salsa; mix thoroughly. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
    2. Remove chicken mix from the refrigerator, drain any excess liquid. Add cheese and taco seasoning; mix to combine. Set aside. (This is the filling.)
    3. Dampen 2 paper towels, and place tortillas between them.

Microwave for up to 1 minute, until tortillas are warm.
    4. Place one tortilla flat on a clean dry surface (keep the rest between the paper towels), and spoon about 2 tbsp filling onto the tortilla. Spread it evenly across the entire surface, and roll the tortilla up tightly.
    5. Secure with toothpicks, if needed, and place seam-side down on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
    6.Bake in the oven 14 to 16 minutes.
    7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream, additional salsa, and refried beans.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPaws For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chicken Taquitos

Girl this sounds good too..Now your making me hungry lol...Love your recipes..gonna have to save and start Printing..Yummy

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I make these too, except they get fried. I know fried is a bad word but it's ok every once in a while.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

hpnodat, I'm from the South, so fried is like a food category here. Although I'm trying really hard to get away from so much of it.

Honestly, I didn't miss it with these. I sprayed the actual individual taquitos with cooking spray and baked...crisp and crunchy just like they were fried.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have some corn tortilla I need to use up. These would make a yummy alternative to tacos. I think I might use a cooked and shredded chicken breast in the place of canned chicken. Your recipes are great. Thank you for sharing.