Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Linguine Puttanesca
08-31-2012, 08:59 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
1 lb pkg linguine-(Can use wheat pasta to increase nutrition of dish)
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic-minced/grated
1/2 - 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes-to taste
pinch salt-to taste
black pepper-to taste
1 (28 oz) can Italian plum tomatoes-diced-(I used 2 regular cans Italian style diced)
2/3 cup Kalamata olives-halved-(I used regular black olives-coarse chopped)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to pkg directions, pulling up a couple minutes early.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet. Add the garlic and onion; cook for 5 minutes; stirring.
3. Stir in the pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
5. Stir in the olives and cook for 5 more minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
6. Drain pasta well. Toss into the sauce and simmer 3-5 more minutes.
7. Sprinkle with cheese to serve.