Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Vermicelli Casserole
08-29-2012, 05:04 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
1/2 cup bell pepper-diced
3 stalks celery-diced
2 cloves garlic-minced/grated
s and p-to taste
1 tsp dill weed
1 tbsp minced parsley
1 (4 oz) pkg vermicelli
1 can cream of celery OR mushroom soup-homemade or commercial
1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
up to 2 cups grated cheese
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (Can use canned, drain well)
1. Cook beef, pork, onions, bell pepper, celery, mushrooms, and garlic. Drain off excess fat.
2. Add all seasonings and spices.
3. Cook vermicelli half way done. Drain well.
4. In a large bowl, beef mix, drained vermicelli, soup and worcestershire sauce. Place in a prepared 9 x 13 baking dish.
5. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove casserole then sprinkle desired amount of cheese on top.
6. Return casserole to oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Note: Can add a can of diced or stewed tomatoes to add variety and veggies.