Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Sweet Potato Question?

I Did Read The other Recipes...But My Bf Wants to have his sweet potatoes Baked like a regular baked Potato..and I have no idea how to do this or what spices or what not to add..lol I don't want to tell him I have never done this before *Blushes*Please help

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sweet Potato Question?

You can bake sweet potatoes the same way you would bake a white potato. Set them in a low sided pan or on a baking sheet, put them in a preheated 400 degree F. oven and bake 45 minutes to an hour or until soft. When served I like to put butter, brown sugar and cinnamon on mine, but my husband prefers butter, salt and pepper.
    Hope this helps! Thanks; Virginia

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    You can bake sweet potatoes the same way you would bake a white potato.
    I don't know if it's just me or not, but it seems like it takes much longer for Sweet potatoes to bake than white potatoes. Anyone else feel that way?
    ~No Matter how bad it gets, I'm rich at the Dollar Store!!~

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, it might take longer for the sweet potato but I meant you use the same procedure. Also, I forgot to add, I usually prick the potatoes with a fork a few times before putting them in the oven, that way they don't explode. Thanks; Virginia

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wash and scrub the sweet potatoes well. Prick with a fork several times and wrap it in press n seal wrap. Seal it well, and cook in the microwave on the baked potato timer key. (It cooks the same time length as white potatoes).
    When done, CAREFULLY unwrap, place on plate. Split, add a little butter, salt and pepper, then enjoy.
    Delicious!!