Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Planning ahead for christmas gifts?

Is anyone already planning for the holidays? I know that it's early, but over the summer when i've seen yard sales I've stopped and picked up baskets so that I can repurpose them. I hate buying baskets for $5-10 each at the store when they usually just get discarded by the recipient.

I only buy the ones that look really pretty and then we wash them with the steamer. This year I made some jellies and jams (Yes Liss- I made your Jalapeno Pepper Jelly & the jars are GORGEOUS!) I'm thinking of making "Southwestern Baskets" for everyone.

I have 4 "family" gifts to make. I was thinking homemade fajita seasoning, corn bread mix, jalapeno pepper jelly, refried beans mix and a little cast iron flat pan for each basket. I found these at Bob's Discount on clearance for each and they're really cool!

Do you make theme baskets for families on your list? What do you include in it?
    I'm a Freak!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Planning ahead for christmas gifts?

I am thinking ahead as well and have picked up cookie tins at garage sales over the summer for church friends. For family I will be canning jelly and butter again this year. Last year I did apple butter and grape jelly. Both were very easy and everyone loved them. I have to ship mine, so I did not include anything else, but I might include a dry mix along with the jars this time - something like a homemade cookie or dip mix.
    SAHM to 2 blessings; avid saver since '08

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

ohhhh, Jane, can I be your friend? That sounds lovely!! I love the idea of themed baskets, but I never seem to have enough for any one theme. I just love the southwestern basket idea!!

This summer I have been looking for cheap but in great shape muffin pans. I want to use them at our church bake sale. I think it would be really neat to sell cupcakes in a reuseable tin like that. Unfortunatley, I haven't found any yet! lol.

I just found these really cute neon-colored soft, foldable coolers on clearance at the grocery store. They had yellow, pink, and green. Two sizes - one holds 12 cans and one holds 18. I am going to use them for gifts for Christmas. I was thinking about the inlaws (sisters and brother) but I might use them for the older teens instead. I am wondering what I can put in them. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to do some baskets for Christmas/New Years. I think about it, then it slips my mind until it is too late. I will have to keep an eye on this thread to inspire me ;o) I know that I really like getting gifts like these, they mean more than something store bought that I do not want/need/like. It takes more thought to do something homemade. My problem would be, I do not think everyone (5 families) would like the same type of gift basket! But YES, Christmas has crossed my mind.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GandKsmom View Post
    ohhhh, Jane, can I be your friend? That sounds lovely!! I love the idea of themed baskets, but I never seem to have enough for any one theme. I just love the southwestern basket idea!!

This summer I have been looking for cheap but in great shape muffin pans. I want to use them at our church bake sale. I think it would be really neat to sell cupcakes in a reuseable tin like that. Unfortunatley, I haven't found any yet! lol.

I just found these really cute neon-colored soft, foldable coolers on clearance at the grocery store. They had yellow, pink, and green. Two sizes - one holds 12 cans and one holds 18. I am going to use them for gifts for Christmas. I was thinking about the inlaws (sisters and brother) but I might use them for the older teens instead. I am wondering what I can put in them. Does anyone have any suggestions???
    This past December, I found 6 ct muffin pans at Dollar Tree. I bought several and gave them for Christmas gifts along with some homemade muffin mixes-(gifts in a jar). I also included a couple of recipes for rolls that's baked in muffin pans.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mrs Paws, I love that idea, but I don't know anyone other than myself that bakes! LOL!! I would love a gift like that, but my inlaws would wonder why I gave them pans and mixes! Thanks for the idea.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wish I could 'can'... I crochet dish cloths and nylon scrubbies and sew pretty needlepoint designs to dish towels to give to my family and friends.
    I could make corn bread and cookie mixes though... I saw some recipes and they seem far less complicated!
    I also shop all year long for the holidays... I do not believe buying gifts for one loved in exclusive to the month of December~~ if I see a good deal or find something special, I pick it up and store it til their b-day or Christmas. ♥

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

that is a good find at the dollar tree! especially if they use muffin tins; I have found their metal pans can rust easily when scoured.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast