Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Peach Ice Cream
08-26-2012, 11:47 AM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
Peach Ice Cream
3 large egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy (whipping) cream
1/2 cup whole milk
5 medium peaches
1 tsp almond extract
juice of half a lemon
fresh raspberries or sliced peaches for garnish-Optional
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside.
2. Fill a large bowl halfway with ice and cold water. Set out a 2-3 quart bowl that will fit inside the larger bowl. Set aside.
3. In the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, heat the cream and milk until bubbles just begin to form on the surface. Don't let it boil.
4. Add 1/2 cup of the hot cream to the egg yolk mixture and whisk briskly to combine. Stir yolk mix into the remaining cream in the double boiler and whisk well. Cook over simmering water, stirring constantly until it coats the back of spoon, about 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and pour into the 2-3 qt bowl that was set out. Place this bowl into the prepared ice-water bath. Stir gently to cool.
6. When the ice cream base is cooled to room temp, cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
7. Boil scored peaches for 1-2 minutes then cool. Peel and cut in half; removing and discarding the pits. Cut into 1/4 slices.
8. Sprinkle peaches with remaining sugar, almond extract, and lemon juice. Let sit at least 30 minutes.
9. Puree half of the peaches. Stir into the chilled ice cream base. Stir in the remaining peach chunks.
10. Freeze in an ice cream maker. Serve it immediately or freeze in an airtight container until firm.
11. Serve with fruit garnish if desired.
Makes 12 (1/2 cup) servings
11-10-2012, 08:24 PM #2
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
- New York
Re: Peach Ice Cream
I like the idea of only puree half of the peaches, and then cut the rest into little pieces. I love making ice cream, I will have to try this recipe.
By Budget101 in forum Deals-n-StealsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-14-2012, 07:00 AM
By Budget101 in forum vBCms CommentsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-02-2010, 09:28 PM
By Budget101 in forum vBCms CommentsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-02-2010, 08:27 PM
By Savin' Moola in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-07-2006, 11:28 AM
By in forum Budget101 Discussion ListReplies: 0Last Post: 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM