Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Vegetable Au Gratin
08-25-2012, 08:22 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
Vegetable Au Gratin
4 cups cooked veggies (broccoli, carrots, cabbage, green beans, zucchini, cauliflower, corn, squash, potatoes, celery, peas, etc...left over veggies are perfect.)
1/2 cup corn flakes or bread crumbs
3 T butter
2 cloves garlic-minced/grated
3 Tbsp flour
s and p-to taste
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup of grated cheese ( Whatever is on hand)
1. Saute onion and garlic in 1 tbsp butter, in an oven safe large and deep heavy bottomed skillet.
2. Add flour, salt and pepper.
3. Continue cooking, stirring continually until bubbly; add milk.
4. Continue stirring until smooth; add cheese.
5. Stir until melted. Add cooked veggies. Stir gently.
6. Sprinkle crushed cornflakes or bread crumbs on top of mixture.
7. Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter and pour over topping.
8. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 or until bubbling.
If skillet is NOT oven safe, then after cooking, pour mixture into a prepared casserole dish.
Add topping, then pour butter on top.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
08-26-2012, 05:41 PM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
Re: Vegetable Au Gratin
Mrs Paws I love your recipes! Your vegetable au Gratin sounds wonderfull. Hoping to make this soon. I just need some left over vegetables.