Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Anggie Thompson
    Guest

    Default Quick, I need your help

    I've had an interview and I may be offered a job, but I have two

    interviews scheduled Friday and Tuesday for jobs that would be a

    better fit for me. I don't know what to tell the person that I need

    to wait to see if I get one of the other jobs. I don't want to start

    a job just because I really need it, and then get a better offer and

    leave the first job after a couple of weeks. Or is it ok if I start

    one job and then leave it for a better one? It's not like I will ever

    see those people again, it's in a different town. I need prayers and

    advice.



    --

    Anggie

    Fight Breast cancer......no one should die from it

    http://anggie-ggslife.blogspot.com/






  2. #2
    armstrca
    Guest

    Default Quick, I need your help

    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">Go with the job you have the offer from start on a Monday if you can do that.<SPAN> The other 2 may not come to fruition.<SPAN> If they do, and the benefits and or pay is better, give them a 2 week notice and take the other job.<SPAN> You need to look out for you and not feel bad about letting the company down.
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">



    From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Anggie Thompson
    Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 7:06 AM
    To: PowerfulPrayingFLYBabies@yahoogroups.com; Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Budget101.com : Quick, I need your help


    I've had an interview and I may be offered a job, but I have two teal;"> interviews scheduled Friday and Tuesday for jobs that would be a teal;"> better fit for me. teal;">
    Anggie



  3. #3
    Jay Murphy
    Guest

    Default Quick, I need your help

    A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

    Take the first offer you get, but keep the other interviews. Go with the job you will enjoy the most as long as you are getting paid what you are worth.

    Jay


    On Jan 24, 2008 5:05 AM, Anggie Thompson <anggiet@gmail.com> wrote:







    I&#39;ve had an interview and I may be offered a job, but I have two

    interviews scheduled Friday and Tuesday for jobs that would be a

    better fit for me. I don&#39;t know what to tell the person that I need

    to wait to see if I get one of the other jobs. I don&#39;t want to start

    a job just because I really need it, and then get a better offer and

    leave the first job after a couple of weeks. Or is it ok if I start

    one job and then leave it for a better one? It&#39;s not like I will ever

    see those people again, it&#39;s in a different town. I need prayers and

    advice.



    --

    Anggie

    Fight Breast cancer......no one should die from it

    http://anggie-ggslife.blogspot.com/




    [/quote]

    --
    Make some MONEY and play games for free:

    http://www..com/signupCode/twistedheartsranch



  4. #4
    Herlean
    Guest

    Default Quick, I need your help

    If you can schedule them, I would attend all of the interviews. Never refuse

    that opportunity. If you don't like it, turn it down.



    Tell the new job that you have some appointments scheduled and you need to

    take them. Tell them before you start working, so it is not a surprise. I need

    to be off on Tuesday and part of Thursday. Take only the time you need. (Don't

    stretch it out to a three hour break, if you only need 1 and a half, KWIM?)



    All the best,

    Herlean



    Anggie Thompson <anggiet@gmail.com> wrote:

    I've had an interview and I may be offered a job, but I have two

    interviews scheduled Friday and Tuesday for jobs that would be a

    better fit for me.






  5. #5
    Lori Morgan
    Guest

    Default Quick, I need your help

    Anggie--

    The best thing to do if they offer you a job, is give them a start

    date that happens after Tuesday. Then if another job comes in better,

    you just tell them you got a better job. It happens all the time in

    Corp. America where you take a job and something better comes along.

    Don't hesitate to do whats best for you an your family. It's okay to

    start a job and then quit in the first few weeks.



    Lori

    Dallas



    --- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, "Anggie Thompson" <anggiet@...> wrote:

    >

    > I've had an interview and I may be offered a job, but I have two

    > interviews scheduled Friday and Tuesday for jobs that would be a

    > better fit for me.










  6. #6
    Chateau Chabot
    Guest

    Default Quick, I need your help

    Unless you're signing a contract for your job (requiring specific

    terms etc.) then both you and your employer have what is called

    "employment at will" rights. This means that either party may

    terminate employment with or without notice at any time. If you find

    you like the job and may want to go back some day, try to give them

    some notice if possible. Maybe you won't get an immediate start date

    for the other offer and you can work until you start there. If you

    really don't like the job and want to take one of the other offers,

    just tell them before you start the better job that this one isn't

    working out or that you really don't like it, etc. Not that you're

    obligated to tell them anything, but it will make it easier on

    everyone to leave on good terms.



    If you do take the job, make sure you let them know you have

    prescheduled appointments (they need not know for what) and you will

    need some time to attend. Like the other poster mentioned, don't take

    the day if you need an hour or two. Maybe you can come in early or

    stay later to make up the hours or consider it your lunch time(depends

    on the job and the company). Let them know of these options if they

    work for you during your acceptance conversation. Don't wait until the

    first day or the day before the appointment to tell them you need the

    time.



    I would definitely hear what everyone has to say about the offers and

    then you can decide fairly. Otherwise you will always wonder if the

    grass was greaner on the other company's lawn.



    Good luck in whatever you decide.

    AJ








 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •