Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Budget friendly Goulash
08-22-2012, 02:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
Budget friendly Goulash
1 lb ground meat
3 cloves garlic-minced/grated
1 cup celery-diced (can use celery leaves also)
1 bell pepper-diced (any color)
32 oz V-8 or tomato juice (store brand)
2 cups dry uncooked elbow macaroni (store brand)
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes-can use Italian or chili seasoned-(store brand)
s and p to taste
1/4 cup parm cheese-for topping *OPTIONAL*
1. Brown ground meat and veggies. Drain fat.
2. Add all other ingredients, except macaroni. Bring to a boil.
3. Add macaroni. Reduce heat.
4. Simmer for approx. 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle parm cheese on top before serving.
Can omit the parm cheese as it increases the price of the dish.