Individual Income Tax Audit

Hello... Does anyone know anything about tax audits? Thanks in advance for assistance.   Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

advance, assistance, attorney, audi, audit, budget, budget101, friend, group, income, individual, information, make, miss, mobile, post, tax, url, yahoo, thing, http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51438/://www.yahoo.com/r/hs, homepage, audits

smcollins

Default Individual Income Tax Audit

Hello... Does anyone know anything about tax audits? Thanks in advance for assistance.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

me ow

you probably would do better conacting attorney for

accurate information.

--- smcollins <sm_collins2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello...

>

> Does anyone know anything about tax audits?

> Thanks in advance for assistance.

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Nancy R

I think contacting a CPA or tax accountant would be better than contacting

an attorney.

Nancy

----- Original Message -----

> you probably would do better conacting attorney for

> accurate information.

> --- smcollins <sm_collins2@yahoo.com> wrote:

>

>> Hello...

>>

>> Does anyone know anything about tax audits?

>> Thanks in advance for assistance.

Lori

Do you know why you're being audited? A certain percentage of audits are totally random rather than the result of some trigger.They'rejust a review by a real person rather than a computer and are no big deal, you just need to provide documentation. Did you use a tax preparer? If so, theyshouldbe a part of the auditto represent their work. That doesn't take away from your responsibility but they have a responsibility too. If your taxes are relatively simple (no tax shelters or out of the ordinary deductions or income sources)and you haven't shown any significant changes in the year being audited from the previous 2 years then it's probably just a random and again they just want to see documentation to support your deductions, etc. So gather up your paperwork and try to relax. If you haven't been cheating and you have the back up for your
    deductions there's no need to freak and certainly no need to incurthe expense of a CPA or attorney. Lori.

smcollins <sm_collins2@yahoo.com> wrote: Hello... Does anyone know anything about tax audits? Thanks in advance for assistance. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

&#32;

Lori

P.S. Typical audit triggers are things like home businesses or people that run their own businesses and large or unusual deductions. Just make sure your records are in order. If you can't document they will disallow. Lori.

smcollins <sm_collins2@yahoo.com> wrote: Hello... Does anyone know anything about tax audits? Thanks in advance for assistance. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

&#32;

Dee Bleau

We own our own business and I keep EVERYTHING!!!!! I am so afraid of being audited (sp). LOL SO everything is in order. And I dont do my own taxes since that would be a disaster,

Lori <lorimakesquilts@yahoo.com> wrote: P.S. Typical audit triggers are things like home businesses or people that run their own businesses and large or unusual deductions. Just make sure your records are in order. If you can't document they will disallow. Lori.

<FONT face="arial black" color="#0000ff" size="3">Dee <FONT face="arial black" color="#0000ff" size="3">Mom to Kyle 08/11/91 <FONT face="arial black" color="#0000ff" size="3">Mom to Stephanie 03/25/97 <FONT face="arial black" color="#0000ff" size="3">Wife to Jeff 09/28/02 <FONT color="#800080">http://christmasbaby71.spaces.live.com/ <FONT color="#800080">Check out My New Blog
    SIte!!!

Lori

I'm not a tax professional (though did work for the IRS for a bit), so take my opinion for what it's worth. If you've been honest then you don't have anything to worry about except it being a pain in the ass. They may find a mistake, and you might owe more or they might owe you, you just never know. Most audits of just regular folks aren't a big deal as far as your wallet is concerned, it's the cheaters that have to worry. A big chunk of them are done by mail even. So just try to relax. Lori.

Dee Bleau <dejeffbleau@yahoo.com> wrote: We own our own business and I keep EVERYTHING!!!!! I am so afraid of being audited (sp). LOL SO everything is in order. And I dont do my own taxes since that would be a disaster,

Lori <lorimakesquilts@yahoo.com> wrote: P.S. Typical audit triggers are things like home businesses or people that run their own businesses and large or unusual deductions. Just make sure your records are in order. If you can't document they will disallow. Lori.

<FONT face="arial black" color="#0000ff" size="3">Dee <FONT face="arial black" color="#0000ff" size="3">Mom to Kyle 08/11/91 <FONT face="arial black" color="#0000ff" size="3">Mom to Stephanie 03/25/97 <FONT face="arial black" color="#0000ff" size="3">Wife to
    Jeff 09/28/02
    <FONT color="#800080">http://christmasbaby71.spaces.live.com/ <FONT color="#800080">Check out My New Blog SIte!!!

&#32;
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]