Question about pressure cooker and quilting (tow subjects)

Question about pressure cooker and quilting (tow subjects)

These are two different subject but I hope you can help me. I purchased a pressure cooker and would like to belong to a yahoo group. The recipes that came with it are only couple. So I'm hoping to learn on how to use it. And for quilting. I am teaching myself how to quilt. Do you have a

cooker, deals, family, hat, hearts, how to, illinois, learn, minute, new york, newbie, paper, pressure, question, recipes, shopping deals, star, teaching, tools, york, quilt, pattern, yahoo, quilting, piecing, squares, draw, patterns, color, group, belong, northern, commercial, fast, find, design, http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping, content, make, search, twin, figure, called, shopping, quilts, melissa, start, sewing, suggest, couple

M F

Default Question about pressure cooker and quilting (tow subjects)

These are two different subject but I hope you can help me.

I purchased a pressure cooker and would like to belong to a yahoo group. The recipes that came with it are only couple. So I'm hoping to learn on how to use it.

And for quilting. I am teaching myself how to quilt. Do you have a quilting and sewing yahoo group that you belong to and would suggest to a newbie.

Also I'm looking for a pattern for piecing my squares. When I was a little girl I use to draw and color this (for say) quilt pattern on graph paper. I don't know how to describe other than I would start with a square in the middle and than draw same/repeated patterns around it to my hearts content. I would like to make my quilt using that
    design. Here in Northern Illinois I have seen a commercial with a quilt of this pattern, but I don't know what it's called. Where can I go to see different patterns for piecing quilts. That would help me figure out how many squares of each color I would need for a twin quilt.

Thank You,
    Melissa

Lori

I'm not an active member of any quilting lists at this time so I can't really recommend any, but a search should pull up quite a few and I've found overall that quilter's are a very helpful bunch, so it's just a matter of finding a good match for you. This website has tons of quilt patterns with usually very good directions -- <SPAN class="a"><FONT color="#008000">www.quilterscache.com About.com also has some good articles on quilting. <SPAN class="a"> <SPAN class="a">I also highly recommend taking a beginning quilter's class at a local quilt shop and the book Quilts! Quilts! Quilts by McClun and Nownes. It's a great beginners book. <SPAN class="a"> <SPAN class="a">Lori. <SPAN class="a"> <SPAN class="a"> <SPAN class="a"><FONT color="#008000"> <SPAN class="a"><FONT color="#008000">

M F <milicaf35@yahoo.com> wrote: <DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif;"> These are two different subject but I hope you can help me.

I purchased a pressure cooker and would like to belong to a yahoo group. The recipes that came with it are only couple. So I'm hoping to
    learn on how to use it.

And for quilting. I am teaching myself how to quilt. Do you have a quilting and sewing yahoo group that you belong to and would suggest to a newbie.

Also I'm looking for a pattern for piecing my squares. When I was a little girl I use to draw and color this (for say) quilt pattern on graph paper. I don't know how to describe other than I would start with a square in the middle and than draw same/repeated patterns around it to my hearts content. I would like to make my quilt using that design. Here in Northern Illinois I have seen a commercial with a quilt of this pattern, but I don't know what it's called. Where can I go to see different patterns for piecing quilts. That would help me figure out how many squares of each color I would need for a twin quilt.

Thank You,
    Melissa

&#32;
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]

Katherine Lassiter

Melissa
    wrote:
    ************************************ <FONT face="Comic Sans MS"> I admire you for trying to teach yourself to quilt. There are so many tricks and tips that I needed a class (or 20) to get me started and keep me going. I belong to several Yahoo quilting groups. A few you might find helpful: QuiltingStars, Quilt-Talk, and QuiltersBee. <FONT face="Comic Sans MS"> <FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Kathy

&#32;