Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
08-11-2012, 10:50 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
I'm so addicted to Panera...Love this soup, just wish I had their crusty bread recipe!!
* 1 tablespoon melted butter
* 1/2 medium chopped onions
* 1/4 cup melted butter
* 1/4 cup flour
* 2 cups half-and-half cream
* 2 cups chicken stock
* 1/2 lb fresh broccoli
* 1 cup carrots, julienned
* 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
* 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
* salt and pepper
1. Sauté onion in butter. Set aside.
2. Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and slowly add the half & half.
3. Add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat 30 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper. Can be puréed in a blender or just puree half and add back to the un-blended soup.
Return to heat and add cheese. Stir in nutmeg.
Serve with crusty bread.