Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Lemon Zucchini Bread
07-27-2012, 10:00 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
Lemon Zucchini Bread
Makes 2 loaves
4 cups AP flour
1 1/2 cups sugar-I used Splenda
1 pkg (3.4 oz) instant lemon pudding mix-I used a sugar free variety
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup milk
1 cup vegetable-I used canola
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon extract
2 cups shredded/grated zucchini
1/4 cups poppy seeds *optional*
2 tsp grated lemon peel
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
2. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice, and extract.
3. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, poppy seeds, and lemon peel.
4. Pour into two greased 9 x 5 x 3 in loaf pans.
5. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
6. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire cooling racks to cool completely.
If looking to dress this up a bit more, make a glaze of powdered sugar, lemon juice, and water to drizzle over top. Let cool before slicing.
11-10-2012, 09:28 PM #2
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
- New York
Re: Lemon Zucchini Bread
I have made a chocolate zucchini bread, but I have never tried a lemon one. I may have to try this tomorrow.