Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: How to Start Canning at Home

Step by step directions that explain the tools you'll need to make your own delicious,money saving, healthy home-canned goods in the comfort of your own kitchen

Read More: Article: How to Start Canning at Home
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

back on here, absent for a while, just made strawberry freezer jam because the big boxes of strawberries were on the discount shelf at grocery store, for a$1.00 each, bought six, used the low sugar pectin, most of them set up correctly, but the 2nd batch, I boiled some rhubarb (it was frozen) because I didnt want the strings, poured the mash in, but that batch did not set up, so I am using it for sauce on ice cream, very good, and I don't want to waste it. would probably be good for shortcake too. Joan in nh

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have always loved the idea of canning but have never attempted it. Is there a good beginner's canning recipe? Something that is simple enough you can get the hang of using all the tools and going through the process.

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to Start Canning at Home

Quote Originally Posted by RachelV View Post
    I have always loved the idea of canning but have never attempted it. Is there a good beginner's canning recipe? Something that is simple enough you can get the hang of using all the tools and going through the process.

Pretty much any kind of fruit butter, applesauce, pear sauce, canned peaches, pears, apples, etc. Anything using a waterbath is a good beginner recipe.
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I replaced the burning bushes, along the south side of the house, with blueberry bushes - same vibrant red leaves but blossoms in the spring and fruit in the summer - and am SO looking forward to preserving our fruit crop this summer! Until our young fruiters are fully producing, my best bet is to hit the Farmer's Market for additional produce. Has anyone tried the Co-Ops? They seem kind of expensive and you don't have control over what produce is provided, or amounts.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Perfect timing! I just began gathering supplies to try my hand at canning. This article erased some anxiety.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been toying with the idea of buying a canning/ preserving kit and this has closed the deal for me! Goi b g to layby one tomorrow! Just wondering do I have to use the ball/mason jars or can I use recycled jars with new screw top lids?
    TIA

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been canning for many years now and love and enjoy this site so much that I started teaching techniques and sharing this site with my new moms and dads in my program. Thanks so much for the info and the new info on the safe "Oven Methods" of heating Jars! I always knew about this oven method but never tried until today! It Works! - Lakotaweon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast