Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marguerite Lattimore

Default need an argument settled

I figured you guys wouldknow best. my mother and I have had an arguement from aslong as I can remember. When she washes, she'll wash a full load then divide it in half to dry it. I say that it takes more energy to do 2 loads, she says they dry faster and the2 take less energy than one, any comments?

<div style="border-top: 1px solid #666;">Posted through Grouply, the better way to access your Yahoo Groups like this one. Check out Grouply here.

shari fretz

<FONT face="Arial Black" size="2">it does take longer to dry heavy loads so she might be right'

[quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 9:17 AM
    Subject: Budget101.com : need an argument settled

I figured you guys wouldknow best. my mother and I have had an arguement from aslong as I can remember. When she washes, she'll wash a full load then divide it in half to dry it. I say that it takes more energy to do 2 loads, she says they dry faster and the2 take less energy than one, any comments?

<DIV style="BORDER-TOP: #666 1px solid;">Posted through Grouply, the better way to access your Yahoo Groups like this one. Check out Grouply here.

No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
    Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1206 - Release Date: 1/1/2008 12:09 PM

Dee Bleau

I honestly have no clue. I dont split the laods in half. But my dryer also wrks really fast.

Marguerite Lattimore <flyladystuff@grouply.com> wrote: I figured you guys wouldknow best. my mother and I have had an arguement from aslong as I can remember. When she washes, she'll wash a full load then divide it in half to dry it. I say that it takes more energy to do 2 loads, she says they dry faster and the2 take less energy than one, any comments?

<DIV style="BORDER-TOP: #666 1px solid;">Posted through Grouply, the better way to access your Yahoo Groups like this one. Check out Grouply here.

<FONT face="comic sans ms" color="#ff0000" size="3">Dee <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Mary Kay Consultant @ <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Mom to Kyle 08/11/91 <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Mom to Stephanie 03/25/97 <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Wife to Jeff 09/28/02 <FONT color="#800080">http://christmasbaby71.spaces.live.com/ <FONT color="#800080">Check out My New Blog SIte!!!

Diann Young

<DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="875560501-02012008"><FONT face="Arial" color="#0000ff" size="2">If they dry faster in a smaller load wouldn't that help keep the clothes stay nicer?
    <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="875560501-02012008"><FONT face="Arial" color="#0000ff" size="2">
    <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="875560501-02012008"><FONT face="Arial" color="#0000ff" size="2">Diann

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Marguerite Lattimore
    Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 9:18 AM

nauticalnana

<FONT color="#000000" size="2">i agree with your mother. i have sat and watched at the laundry mat when people fill up a dryer with as many clothes as they can and than pop a quarter in. they end up going back every 10 minutes to pop a quarter and i have counted once they popped at least8 quarters in and didnt go back and forth and it took an hour 20 minutes for the clothes to dry. i pop in 3 quarters and mine are toasty dry after 1/2 and hour when i divide them in half and im out of there a lot faster.
    Sher

[quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 9:17 AM

Kelly Weyd

I guess it depends on how big of a dryer. I have one of those huge dryers and I can put a lot of stuff in there, so I would never divide it in two. Kelly

Marguerite Lattimore <flyladystuff@grouply.com> wrote: I figured you guys wouldknow best. my mother and I have had an arguement from aslong as I can remember. When she washes, she'll wash a full load then divide it in half to dry it. I say that it takes more energy to do 2 loads, she says they dry faster and the2 take less energy than
    one, any comments?

&#32;
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]

Kelly Weyd

I guess it depends on how big of a dryer. I have one of those huge dryers and I can put a lot of stuff in there, so I would never divide it in two. Kelly

Marguerite Lattimore <flyladystuff@grouply.com> wrote: I figured you guys wouldknow best. my mother and I have had an arguement from aslong as I can remember. When she washes, she'll wash a full load then divide it in half to dry it. I say that it takes more energy to do 2 loads, she says they dry faster and the2 take less energy than
    one, any comments?

&#32;
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]

Brandon Skinner

I think there are a lot of factors to consider, like the brand that you have, and do you wait for the dryer to turn off and then put a new load in, so that it has to re-heat.

Time the total dry time (and probably not the cool down cycle) to dry the full load, then time it for the half loads. See which one is faster.

I imagine it would come out close, but am not sure. if running twice takes longer then it would take more energy especially if you allow it to cool down in between.

I just bought a front-loader and it spins the water out so well I don't deal with them not drying in once cycle.. and we do some heavy loads....

My Thoughts.

Marguerite Lattimore <flyladystuff@grouply.com> wrote: I figured you guys wouldknow best. my mother and I have had an arguement from aslong as I can remember. When she washes, she'll wash a full load then divide it in half to dry it. I say that it takes more energy to do 2 loads, she says they dry faster and the2 take less energy than one, any comments?

<div style="border-top: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102);">Posted through Grouply, the better way to access your Yahoo Groups like this one. Check out Grouply here.
    [/quote]

&#32;
    Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast