Fajitas -- Chicken or Beef

Fajitas -- Chicken or Beef 1.5-2 lbs skirt steak or other beef or chicken easily cut into strips 1 medium onion, sliced, or 15 medium scallions (green onions) - same amount of carb! 2 large Bell peppers, sliced - two different colors is nice 1/4 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup lime juice 1 tsp chili

meat, skillet, steak, minutes, grilling, beef, fajitas, chicken, grain, half, greased, place, remove, long, cooking, marinate, veggies, lime, juice, sliced, skirt, sauce, powder, chili, medium, steam, heat, return, spoon, soften, easily, browning, begin, browned, shimmer, depending, batches, crowd, strips, skilled, 425, oven, sheet, cookie, prepared, serve, salsa, guacamole, meatballs, desired

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink Fajitas -- Chicken or Beef

Fajitas -- Chicken or Beef
    1.5-2 lbs skirt steak or other beef or chicken easily cut into strips
    1 medium onion, sliced, or 15 medium scallions (green onions) - same amount of carb!
    2 large Bell peppers, sliced - two different colors is nice
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup lime juice
    1 tsp chili powder
    2 tbs oil
    flour tortillas (reducing carbs? use corn)
    Combine soy sauce, lime juice, chili powder, and oil. If grilling, save a couple of tbs aside to toss with the vegetables.
    Slice the meat into about 1/2 inch slices. If using skirt steak, flank steak, or other meat with an obvious grain (lines through the meat), be sure to cut perpendicular to the grain, or you will be chewing a very long time. (Think about it - you want to create a lot of short fibers, not a few long ones.)
    If cooking in a skillet, marinate everything together in a bowl or plastic bag (a zip-type works well). If grilling, marinate the meat and veggies separately. Even a few minutes helps, up to 2 hours is great.

If grilling, remove from marinade and grill.
    For cooking in a skillet (preferably regular, not nonstick), cook the meat first (it will probably take two batches, depending upon your pan). Add a little oil to the skillet and get it very hot (the oil will shimmer). If you don't get it hot enough (or crowd too much meat in), the meat will steam instead of browning. When the meat is browned, remove and add veggies. When they begin to soften, return meat to skillet to heat through.
    Spoon onto half of tortilla and fold other half ofer. If you are 'skilled,' place in lightly greased skillet for about two minutes then flip to other side for an additional minute. If you want the easy way out, place all prepared fajitas on a greased cookie sheet into a 425 oven for about five minutes.
    Serve with salsa, sour cream, cilantro (if desired) and guacamole.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fajitas -- Chicken or Beef

yum-o! i want to try this soon
    Amy ٩(●̮̮̃)۶

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Aimers-Mos has some of the best recipes I've ever encountered. Tried several of them, and they all turned out very well. Such a very smart and talented individual!
    I think she's actually publishing a cookbook...I can't wait to get my hands on that puppy!!! I have no doubt it's gonna be a huge hit.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

o wow.. thanks for letting me know..
    Amy ٩(●̮̮̃)۶

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The problem with writing is that you get hung up on perfection -- at least that's the way it is with me...giggle...I just want to make sure that all the information is 'straight-forward' as consumers won't be able to hit me with a question like ya'll do...giggle...just know that every one of the recipes (that I don't admit to belonging to someone else and I share with permission) is what you'll find in the cookbook! You just won't have to fish through the forum to find it! LOL! I promise, when I finally finish my editing and the publisher says, "FINALLY!" I'll let ya'll know.