Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Quinoa-Veggie Cakes
07-05-2012, 07:19 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
To make the quinoa:
1 cup quinoa, soaked in water for 5 minutes
2 cups stock-(whatever you have on hand)
1 cup fresh mushrooms-chopped
1 small tomato-chopped
1/2 small bell pepper-chopped
1 cup zucchini-shredded
1/2 small onion-minced
1 garlic clove-grated/minced
1/4 cup sunflower seeds or slivered almonds *optional*
handful of fresh herbs-(basil, parsley, thyme, cilantro, etc - whatever you have on hand)
s and p-to taste
1. Drain and rinse the quinoa to remove the bitter flavors from the outer coating.
2. Add all the ingredients to a pot and bring to a boil. Cover tightly, reduce heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes.
To make the cakes:
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2-3 tbsp cooking oil
1. Stir in the eggs and bread crumbs into the quinoa mixture.
2. Form into little cakes/patties. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Add oil to a heavy bottomed skillet. Heat oil for medium high heat. Pan fry the cakes a couple minutes each side until the outside is crispy and light golden brown.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPaws For This Useful Post: