Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ants on a Log

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doh Ants on a Log

This can be prepared ahead of your camping adventure or to just keep folks satisfied while you are grilling out on the deck;-D
    Ants on a Log
    celery
    peanut butter
    raisins
    chocolate chips
    Wash celery and trim the ends. Spread peanut butter into the celery groove. Top with raisins and/or chocolate chips.
    That's as easy as it gets...giggle...I'm sure that ya'll can come up with other useful means to dole out these simple treats! I just remember DD asking while I was unloading gear to set up camp, "Is it time to eat bugs yet?!"

Now you know why I had some prepared before leaving home in baggies on top of everything in the cooler. A baggie of 'Ants on a Log' in her hands would allow me to get most of the campsite in order.
    Hope this works for a few of you...giggle...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ants on a Log

That's one of my favorite treats. Thank you for sharing.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've never tried celery with PB yet, but adding chocolate chips sounds pretty interesting. Gonna have to try that one day.
    My favorite way to eat celery is to fill it with a wedge of 'light Laughing Cow" cheese. Yummm...

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MrsPaws View Post
    I've never tried celery with PB yet, but adding chocolate chips sounds pretty interesting. Gonna have to try that one day.
    My favorite way to eat celery is to fill it with a wedge of 'light Laughing Cow" cheese. Yummm...
    \

That sounds yummy too! I'm not a big fan of celery, but I do like to mix chopped green olives & cream cheese and fill celery with that.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

AND that sounds good too!
    The only celery I bother buying anymore is celery hearts. When I buy regular, no one will eat the other stalks except the inner 'hearts'...You guys are giving me more ways to eat my veggies.
    Thanks so much for sharing!!

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

We were out of raisins last week, so I tried bits of dates...kids gobbled them up! Dried cranberries are good, too. Have done cream cheese, but never thought about Laughing Cow cheese - we like the 'garlic and herbs' variety.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My DD -- the hippie reborn -- will only eat organic celery now (I can buy three packs for what one of those cost! ACK!!). However, I do have to admit (never having been a fan of celery unless it was stuffed with something) that I DO (OMG!) like the plain organic celery! I've done a little research since she adopted this life style and learned that there are some items that should only be consumed if grown organically because of the way they hold pesticides in their tissues. Those items are: celery, peaches, strawberries, apples, domestic blueberries, nectarines, sweet bell peppers, spinach, kale, collard greens, cherries, potatoes, imported grapes, and lettuce. And let me tell you...if you don't grow this stuff yourself, you WILL be paying a pretty penny! Errr...so to speak... The rest of the fruit and veggie produce grown apparently have the ability to NOT hold pesticides in the edible tissues.
    Okay...didn't mean to turn this into a soap box...but ya'll know where to find me if you want to discuss it...giggle...
    (Hey Boss! Maybe we should open up an organic food forum and share where better prices are!)

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Laughing Cow wedge never makes it to anything but my mouth...whole...one right after the other...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast