Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Dinner and Desserts made easy
12-13-2007, 06:58 PM #1KellyGuest
Dinner and Desserts made easy
Szechuan Pork with Orzo
Prep Time:20 min
Start to Finish:20 min
3/4 cup uncooked orzo or rosamarina pasta (5 oz)
1 tablespoon light sesame or vegetable oil
1 lb coarsely ground pork (chow mein meat)
1 bag (1 lb 5 oz) Green Giant Create A Meal frozen Szechuan stir fry
Peanuts, if desired
Chopped green onion, if desired
1. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add
pork; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown.
3. Stir in meal starter vegetables and sauce. Cook 5 to 6 minutes,
stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender and sauce
block is melted. Stir in pasta. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring
frequently, until well mixed and hot. Garnish with peanuts and onion.
Chicken and Biscuits
Prep Time:30 min
Start to Finish:30 min
2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick mix
2/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb), cut into 1-inch
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 bag (1 lb) Green Giant frozen mixed vegetables
1 container (10 oz) refrigerated Alfredo pasta sauce
1. Heat oven to 450°F. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and milk
until soft dough forms. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 6
spoonfuls. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high
heat. Cook chicken, thyme and pepper in oil, stirring occasionally,
until chicken is no longer pink in center.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients; reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook
6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot. Split biscuits;
serve chicken mixture over biscuits.
Tomato-Basil Pasta with Fresh Mozzarella
Prep Time:20 min
Start to Finish:40 min
Makes:4 servings (1 1/2 cups each)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen organic whole peeled tomatoes, undrained, cut
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
3 cups uncooked rigatoni, penne or ziti pasta (8 oz)
8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and
garlic; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is
crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer
20 to 25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in
2. Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta as directed on box.
3. Stir pasta into sauce. Cook until thoroughly heated. Into large
serving bowl, pour pasta and sauce. Gently stir in cheese and pine
Beef and Peppers with Cheese Biscuits
Prep Time:20 min
Start to Finish:30 min
1 3/4 cups Original Bisquick mix
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded Swiss or provolone cheese (2 oz)
1 can (10 oz) condensed French onion soup
10 oz deli sliced cooked beef, cut into thin strips
2 small bell peppers, sliced
1/2 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
1. Heat oven to 450°F. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and
cheese with fork until soft dough forms; beat 20 strokes. Place dough
on surface generously dusted with Bisquick mix; gently roll in
Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into a ball; knead 10 times. Roll 1/4
inch thick. Cut into 6 biscuits with 3-inch round cookie cutter.
2. Place biscuits on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or
until golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix soup, beef, bell peppers,
garlic-pepper blend and 1 cup of the water. Heat to boiling over
medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. In small bowl, stir
remaining 1/3 cup water and the flour until mixed; stir into beef
mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently, until thickened.
4. Split biscuits. Serve beef mixture over biscuits.
Festive Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies (Cookie Mix)
Prep Time:1 hr
Start to Finish:1 hr
Makes:3 dozen cookies
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix
1 tablespoon water
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
36 Hershey's KissesŪ milk chocolates, unwrapped
Betty Crocker white decorating gel
Assorted holiday candy sprinkles
Betty Crocker red decorating icing
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, water, oil
and egg until dough forms.
2. Shape dough into thirty-six 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2
inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately
press 1 chocolate in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie
sheets. Cool completely, about 20 minutes. Decorate as desired using
Holiday Cookie Ornaments
Prep Time:1 hr 15 min
Start to Finish:2 hr 15 min
Makes:About 3 dozen cookies
1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
36 small candy canes
2 containers (1 lb each) Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy creamy white or
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment
paper. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, flour and egg until
soft dough forms.
2. On floured surface, roll dough until about 1/8 inch thick. Cut
with 3- to 3 1/2-inch cookie cutters. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on
3. Bake 5 minutes. Meanwhile, break off top of each candy cane to
create loop for hanging cookies.
4. Remove cookies from oven; press 1 candy piece on top of each
cookie to make a loop. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until edges are
set. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets to
cooling rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
5. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place 1 container of
frosting at a time in 2-cup glass measuring cup. Microwave uncovered
on High 45 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted.
Dip each cookie in frosting, allowing excess to drip off. Place
cookies on parchment paper. Decorate as desired. Let stand until
frosting is set, about 1 hour.