I suppose since I joined up, I should do this "newbie" thread. I really hate these things because I never know what to say. I end up rambling like an idiot and people look at me funny and walk away in fear. But I'm really not that odd, I promise.

Anyhow, I'm a single mom of two teens. I have my beautiful Brat, who's about 6 weeks shy of being 16. Then I have my adored 14 year old Boy, who recently proved that the common thought that teenaged boys do stupid stuff to be try by breaking his leg while skateboarding. I share house space with their father, my ex, who I was dumb enough to let move in when he got fired from his job and was out of work for 6 months. It's now been 2 years, and I'm still stuck with him here. *sighs*

Anyhow, I'm legally blind, but it's not something I can't deal with. I have issues being able to read most things, but I work around it. And it doesn't stop me from being a Domestic Goddess. At least, in my kitchen, anyhow.

I recently broke down and bought myself a kitchen aid stand mixer. It's been the world's best invcestment ever. I bake all my own bread and that thing whips through a batch in no time flat. It also cleans up on my pizza dough, fry bread, cookies and egg noodle dough.

I can make loads of things...but gormet cooking is beyond me. I'm currently excited because my garden is growing like mad, and I'll be able to actually can things this year. I had to buy a new stove, so I now need to buy a pressure canner, and I'm looking forwatd to being able to can all sorts of things for later use. I'm about $25 shy of being able to get it for free thanks to Swagbucks and the Amazon gift cards I've been hoarding since I decided to go the pressure canning route.

Ummm...that's all I can thnk of right now. So, if there's anything anyone wants to know, feel free to ask! And I swear, I'm really NOT that big of a freak. OK, I might be...but it's not catching and I really don't bite!