Bread Machine Jam Recipe Help =)

Bread Machine Jam Recipe Help =)

Greetings! Many years ago I had a bread machine that came with a jam recipe. I have a new machine now (well, new to me), that I use quite often. During a search I've found some jam recipes for bread machines, but am

baskets, bread, cooking, experts, family, gif, gift, gift baskets, good, hat, jam, machine, machines, neighbors, recipe, recipes, search, url, work, years, links, discuss, kimu, http://kimboburly.blogspot.com, walk, mainlly, found

Kim

Default Bread Machine Jam Recipe Help =)

Greetings!

Many years ago I had a bread machine that came with a jam recipe. I

have a new machine now (well, new to me), that I use quite often.

During a search I've found some jam recipes for bread machines, but am

not sure if these recipes will work.

Any bread machine experts out there...or do you know any good links

that discuss cooking in a bread machine (mainlly jam recipes *grin*).

The jam will be for gift baskets for neighbors and family.

Thanks!

KimU

Where I Walk

http://kimboburly.blogspot.com/

Liss

<SPAN class="578502323-27112007">>>Bread Machine Jam<<
    <SPAN class="578502323-27112007">
    <SPAN class="578502323-27112007"><SPAN id="nointelliTXT">2 1/2 cups raspberries (or Strawberries or Blueberries)
    1 3/4 cup sugar
    2 ounces liquid pectin

<SPAN id="intelliTXT">Cut up about 2 1/2 cups of fresh fruit. Add no more than 1 3/4 cups of sugar (to 2 1/2 cups fruit) and a package of fruit pectin. Place all ingredients into the Bread Pan. Insert Bread Pan into breadmaker. Select "Basic" setting. Press Start/Stop for 1 second to begin the mixing process. Allow this mixing to continue for no more than 6 min. Press Start/Stop for 3 sec. to stop this cycle. Select "Bake" setting and press Start/Stop button for 1 second to start the baking program. After 60 min. the Bake cycle is finished. Remove the bread pan with oven mitts. Let cool for 45 min., and then your contents into glass jars. Close tightly and store in refrigerator. Use same recipe for strawberry and blueberry jams.

Liss

<H1>Bread Maker Jam- Sunday Show Recipe</H1>

Chef: Brigid Treloar
    Food Consultant

Making jam in the bread maker! Not sure if all bread makers can be used this way, but my bread maker has a setting just for making jam. Otherwise, follow the tried and true simmering it in a pot on the stove or try the microwave method, and enjoy Kiwi Fruit, Pear and Ginger Jam

You need:
    200g kiwi fruit
    200g green pear
    1 cup white sugar
    1 teaspoon Japanese soy sauce (optional – see ‘Tips’ below)
    1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
    1 tablespoon jam setta (available from most supermarkets)

Method:
    Peel kiwi fruit and cut into slices.
    Remove seeds from pear and dice, leaving skin on.
    Put blade in the bread pan and add ingredients. Lock the pan into position in the bread maker.
    Select setting 9 (‘Jam’) and press start.
    The bread machine will beep when the cycle is complete, about 1 hour.
    Pour the hot jam into warm, dry sterilised jars, leaving 1.25cm from the top of the jar.
    Seal immediately and label.

Tips: This jam is quite sweet so adding one teaspoon of Japanese soy sauce will balance the flavour more.
    To sterilise jars: Remove cardboard liners from lids. Wash jars and lids in hot, soapy water. Rinse well in hot water but do not wipe dry. Place jars and meal lids on an oven tray. Place tray in a moderately low oven (100°C) for 15-20 minutes or until completely dry. Remove from the oven, carefully using oven mitts as they will be hot. Use jars immediately.
    <P align="center">This recipe featured by John Clarke's Off The Eaten Track

Liss

<SPAN class="968204423-27112007">Banana Jam in the Bread Machine

<SPAN class="968204423-27112007">Ingredients
    3 very ripe bananas, mashed
    juice of 3 lemons
    sugar

Combine the mashed bananas and the lemon juice into a measuring cup. See how much you’ve got. (It all depends on how big the bananas are, but it should be around 2 cups.) Put the banana-juice mixture into the bread pan. Then add a cup of sugar for every cup of the banana-juice mixture.

Start up the bread machine on the jam setting. In about an hour and a half your house will smell wonderful and you’ll have yourself some banana jam. Skim off the froth, let it cooland put the jam in the refrigerator.<SPAN class="968204423-27112007">

<SPAN class="968204423-27112007">

NANCY KESTIN

Default Re: Bread Machine Jam Recipe Help =)

Hi, I have been reading the posts on bread-maker jam. Has anyone ever tried a recipe without refined sugar? With all the wonderful creativity this group has I am wondering if the jam could be made with fruit, such as concentrated frozen all fruit juices. Anyone have any thoughts on what would work? Thanks in advance. Nancy K in WI

&#32;
    Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.